Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaying historical intraday data

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
    This is a bug which will be fixed with next release. Thanks for bringing this up and for proving the reproducible scenario.
    Is there no way to implement the feature that the replay feature can be used for any historical intraday data (which can be optained for example from opentick)?
    It would be simply amazing to actually trade 1 day that I have missed in the past, for example the 31st of dezember last year...

Another perfect example is LEND last friday (10th august 2007) 45,27%+ but where was the entry point with the lowest risk, would I have been disciplined enough to set my trailing stop to the right values?

All this I could test with the intraday replay but for a stock for which I already know how it moved, its almost no sense (its like watching a soccer match where I already know when and how many goal have been scored...)

If someone has some replay data of some of the last days biggest gainers stocks I would be more than thankful if you could send me a zip file of NinjaTrader 6\db folder.

Comment

If you have the data down to every single tick technically you should be able to construct a replay from the timestamps of these ticks. I don't know how feasible it would be for NinjaTrader to implement such a thing, but it would be pretty amazing not needing to have your computer sit there recording every day.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

>> Is there no way to implement the feature that the replay feature can be used for any historical intraday data (which can be optained for example from opentick)?
        Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm new to NT. I've been looking for a free simulator for awhile now and NT seems to fit the bill, but I lack any stock replay data. I noticed everyone archiving futures data but unfortunately I don't trade futures. Can someone post some stock data to http://ninja.korthrun.net/ ? Thank you!

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader does not supply or distribute data, but maybe a fellow trader will post some to share with you.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sure but I've only got australian stocks although a few of them are listed in UK & US exchange. Stocks such as BHP in London stock exchange & Newmount Mining in NYSE Exchange.

regards

Paul

Originally posted by RRMessiah View Post
              Hi Everyone, I'm new to NT. I've been looking for a free simulator for awhile now and NT seems to fit the bill, but I lack any stock replay data. I noticed everyone archiving futures data but unfortunately I don't trade futures. Can someone post some stock data to http://ninja.korthrun.net/ ? Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for your help Paul.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                  Thanks for your help Paul.
                  No worries Bertrand. 1 question, do you know if the next version of NT comes with the ability to change the Tick size for securities? It's currently defaulting to 0.01 for equities but we can't change it.

Is NT7 still on track to be released after winter?

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul - yes this will be possible in NinjaTrader 7, it's expected arrival will be Q2 2009.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes