Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to close a trade

Hello,

Yesterday I was doing a news trade in a very fast moving market (NG). I was only planning on being in the trade for a few seconds, but when I tried to close the trade I received the following error message: "Type of price invalid or not authorized according to stock or GR state Affected Order: Sell 1 Market". I hit the close button three times and I got this message every time. Then I called my broker and they closed the trade for me, but I took a heavy loss because I was stuck in the trade for far too long.
    My dad took the exact same trade at the same time on his computer, and he received the same error message. We were trading on different computers and on different accounts, but we were using the same Ninjatrader license key. Could that be causing the problem?
    This happened one other time a few months ago when my dad and I were doing another news trade, and he was unable to close his trade. He kept getting an error message that said "Atomic order execution", and he had to call his broker to get out of that trade.
    So my question is, why would the close button not work? If it is because we are both using the same license, then why does everything work fine until we try to close the trade?
    This problem has been rare. The majority of my trades have had no problems. But when I am unable to close a trade, I can take severe losses on these news trades.
    Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for you time.

Hello buckeye,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

I sent an email with the trace and log files.
      Please let me know if you received the email. I have been having some problems sending and receiving emails.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello buckeye,

Yes, I have received your log and trace files successfully. I have sent you an email with what we have found. I will resend it again just in case the first email does not come through.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I just got your email. I think I understand what happened now. Thank you for explaining that. My only question now is, how can a market order get rejected? Next time should I try to exit with a limit order if the close button doesn't work?

Comment

When using the Close button, the order is moved to the current market price but when this occurred by the time it was accepted it had moved from that price.

Instead of using a Limit Order you may submit a Market Order to exit your position.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I now understand what happened and what I should do next time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lorem
              by lorem

Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
              12 responses
              0 likes