Problem modeling exotic currencies:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem modeling exotic currencies:

I am currently trying to get various exotic currencies modeled in NT so I can start collecting historical data & analyizing these pairs. I am using Interactive Brokers.

NT is not recognizing these even after I create the securities in the instrument manager. Here is what I have (each of the tabs are pictured below). Is there anything I am doing wrong here?
    Attached Files

Hello Slyng,

Thank you for your post.

I was able to receive data using the settings in the following screenshots. Also, you may want to reduce the point value on your settings as it appears you have included an extra zero.
    Attached Files
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yeah, I get this error:
      Attached Files

Comment

Think it may be trying to create a "stock" called AUDHKD... It looks like its getting current quotes now... but it doesn't load historical data - were you able to get that data to load?

Comment

Hi slyng,

When typing in the chart to create an instrument it will only create stocks. For other instrument types you will want to manually add the instrument.

With the chart for the currency pair I do not receive historical data, but only real-time data. The data that is recorded in real-time can be recorded and stored in the database if you go to Tools-->Options-->Data and have the Store Real Time Bar Data checked.

Comment

Ok, follow up question:

What is going on here? So I am getting the data in the chart but not the market analyzer. Also, do you notice the "gap" on my chart (i should have hightlighted this on the screnshot - I have not closed NinjaTrader all day, but there is clearly a gap in the data that it recorded... does it not record while the analyzer is minimized?
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Slyng,

When viewing those instruments I see the same thing on my end where the prices display as zero, but they update when a trade occurs, and since we are seeing the same thing this is likely due to how the data is being provided to NinjaTrader.

As for the charts not displaying data since there is no historical data and if you were not connected there would be no data during that time of no connection.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                As for the charts not displaying data since there is no historical data and if you were not connected there would be no data during that time of no connection.
                Yes but I've been connected to both NT & IB all day long. Does the data record when minimized? Or what about when a have a different workspace open, does the data on the minimized/hidden workspace still record?

Comment

Slyng,

Data will record in other workspaces, and if minimized so long as you are connected, but the quotes you are seeing are what I see on my end as well, and they only update when a trade is made from the price at zero. You would see the same thing in the SuperDOM and this has to do with how the data is provided to NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jclose
                  by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  10 responses