Custom Net Change Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Net Change Indicator

I just saw that Ninjatrader Tim has loaded a new indictor called Custom Net Change. Which is ideal to use for market analyzer.

I like to change the formula to show the netchange from today's open price. Which is basically the difference between today's open and the last price traded today.

I changed the formula to :

CustomeNetChange.Set(CurrentDayOHL().CurrentOpen[0]-Close[0]);

But I am not getting the right delta. Can you tell me how I should change Tim's code to do this?

farshadro, which delta are you comparing to?

Please take your custom session begin / end times into consideration as CurrentDayOHL would use those, too.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am comparing the delta of what is on my chart vs the market analyzer.

Both my chart and market analyzer sessions are set to 9:30am to 4:00pm.

I use the data box on my chart to show today's open price and then I look at the current price. The Netchange or delta of the difference between todays' open price and current price in my chart does not match what market analyzer shows.

I can not verify the session open price in Market analyzer. Can you tell me if there is a way to open a column to show today's open price?

Also is my equation that I listed in the previous post correct?

Comment

Hi Farshadro,

Please check the following...

1. In the chart "Format Data Series", ensure "Last date" is set to today, and that you have atleast a few days listed in "Day's Back"

2. Make sure that both the Chart and Market Analyzer have the same exact Session Begins and Ends (looks like you have this covered)

3. Make sure Calculate on bar close is set the same in both.

The "CurrentOHL" indicator can be used to view the open. If used in the Market Analyzer, make sure it is set to "Current Open" for plot.

The code you are using should work now!

Please include a screenshot of the discrepancy if the issue persists.
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can someone please point me to the download for the Custom Net Change indicator??

I have tried searching but to no avail

Comment

Hi dnoff,

Here are two indicators that may interest you, including "User Defined Net Change"

Comment

Thanks very much - that works

Comment

I've tried loading PriorDay into my Market Analyser but get the following error box: 'Error on loading chart....Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt'.

The PriorDay column then appears with the last price rather than the net change from yesterday's close which is what I wanted.

Any ideas ?

PS The normal NetChange column in MA seems to be working fine but can you tell me what this net change is ? From today's open or yesterday's close ? Its yesterdays close that I want.
                Last edited by mikeklein; 01-26-2011, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Hi mikeklein,

For the error, are you referring to PriorDayOHLC? Which Plot? What data series settings?

The NetChange will be for the the Prior Day Close based on the Session Template being used.

Comment

Well what I really want is a gap indicator and I had hoped that NetChange may be a good substitute but in reality it isnt and could potentially cause more problems.
                    I simply want a column which shows '0' for no gap which is what will show most of the time or 'X' where X is the amount of the gap between prior close and current open.
                    I'm not a C# coder but feel this should be something quite simple to code.

Comment

HI mikeklein,

The NetChange column will do that.
                      If I am misunderstanding, please clarify and I'd be happy to clarify myself.

Comment

Well that's good but I can't see how.
                        If yesterday's close was 100 and today's open is 100 it should read 0. If yesterday's close was 100 and today's open was 110 it should read 10. How do I set that up ? I dont want the NetChange to relate to the Last price but only the Daily Open.

Comment

HI mikeklein,

To clarify, are you seeing that the column reads something other than what you expect?
                          (ie if Previous close at 100 and Current open at 1110, you see something other than 10?)

Or, is it that you do not want to calculate between the Close and the Open?

Comment

Well, yes. Its showing the NetChange from something (possibly a previous close or today's open, I dont know as there doesnt appear to be any information anywhere about this) to the current price. That's NOT WHAT I WANT AND IS NOT WHAT A GAP IS.

For instance, a gap is the price between yesterday's CLOSE and today's OPEN. NetChange is showing a continually changing number and not the static number that is a measure of yesterday's close to today's open. I suppose I could draw a diagram but I hope the above explanation makes it clear enough.

Comment

Hi mikeklein,

Thanks for clarifying.

Attached is an indicator that calculates the difference between the previous days close and the current days open, based on the session template applied.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                              95 responses