Collapse

Custom Net Change Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately that is not an indicator setting, but a setting you choose for your Market Analyzer. There is nothing you can program to adjust that. You need to have enough bars for your indicator to properly initialize. Whether that is 20, 50, or 500 depends on your particular indicator.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
      Hi mikeklein,

Thanks for clarifying.

Attached is an indicator that calculates the difference between the previous days close and the current days open, based on the session template applied.
      can this indy be modified to use monthly open/close for gaps?

Comment

Hello mystiq68,

It would not since it uses the CurrentDayOHL indicator which requires Intraday data.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
          Hello mystiq68,

It would not since it uses the CurrentDayOHL indicator which requires Intraday data.
          is there an indicator to show gaps? open >high open <low....

Comment

Hello,

I'm not aware of any that are readily available but you could certainly create one.

We have a fully documented help guide which will help you get started with Ninja Script. You will find language references to all of the methods and functions you will be using. You will also see a tutorial section which will help you create your first indicator and get you started with some of these concepts.
            A link to our Help Guide can be found below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stribution.htm

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._resources.htm

We also have great resources in relation to Indicator Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
            Take me to your support forum!

We also have some Reference Samples online as well as some Tips and Tricks for both indicators and strategies:
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
            Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

There is a also a growing library of user submitted custom indicators (100+) that can be downloaded from our support form. Please look in the NinjaScript File Sharing section of our support forum as you may find what you are looking for there.

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
            Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants
            LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
              Hi!

These links seem to redirect to the main Ninjatrader indicators site. Do you know if the net change indicator is still available?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

This thread is from several years ago and the hierarchy of the urls has changed since then. I did a quick search on the App Share section of the Ecosystem however I did not find any meaningful results related to this item:

Unfortunately, this type of functionality is not available by default and would need to be custom coded.

NinjaTrader is extensible in that you can create custom indicators using NinjaScript which is based on the modern C# programming language.

Click here for information on programming in NinjaScript

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, NinjaTrader Ecosystem is partnered with a number of consultants who could code this indicator at your direction. If you would like more information regarding consultants please let me know.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                12 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes