Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can same licence key be used on two computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Silversea,

Thank you for your post.

It's not possible to resell the license to some one else. This is listed as well in the End User License Agreement (EULA).

See here for the specific passage in the EULA:

Lifetime licenses cannot be sold or bartered in the future and if such actions are taken the license can be terminated at Company’s sole discretion

You can find the EULA under Computer--> C Drive--> Program Files--> NinjaTrader 7--> EULA
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Follow up on additional license.

Hi I've read numerous posts and somehow get the same answer to not being able to use 2 computers with one license, I get that part, but if I wanted to view all active/pending orders and data on both computers while being live and able to trade does this require a full purchase of a new license? Is it then synced through my same account to view both with the same data and orders. And one more question is this the only way I can see all my work by buying an additional license? If I log in one computer will it disconnect my other with the same license?

Additional question on historical data. I'm having problems loading my data from my charts. It does not allow me to load data which is very annoying being that its impossible to trade with no data, and how come whenever I use a new pair no data is loaded at all?
      Last edited by XtraderFX; 08-14-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, this would require 2 licenses. historical orders will only be saved to the database for the system(s) that are connected at the time of the trade. What you may want to consider is using a VPS that you have NinjaTrader install on and then can access from multiple computers with a single license.

NinjaTrader is pleased to partner with Speedy Trading Servers to deliver reliable hosting solutions for our automated and semi-automated trading clients.

Speedy Trading Servers offers Windows based Virtual Private Servers (VPS) or Dedicated Servers for traders located near NinjaTrader's data providers and order routing technology partners. Some key benefits of these hosting solutions include:

Reliability: Dedicated VPSs and servers achieve 100% uptime network SLA with Speedy Trading Server's network providers offering a solution that runs 24/7/365.
        Speed: 1 Gb/s Network links are used to achieve sub-millisecond connections to NinjaTrader's data providers and order routing technology partners.
        Location: With locations in data centers in Chicago and New Jersey, Speedy Trading Servers is well suited for algorithmic and news based traders utilizing fully- or semi-automated strategies, including NinjaTrader's Advanced Trade Management (ATM) Strategies.
        The VPS solutions utilize a Windows Server 2008 r2 Operating System and dedicated hardware resources with options meeting the most demanding trader's requirements. Connect to your VPS or Dedicated Server using Microsoft's fast and secure Remote Desktop Connection from your PC or Mac. Additional connection options are available for mobile devices (Android, iOS).

For more information regarding these solutions, additional benefits for NinjaTrader Brokerage clients, and a Free Trial, please contact Speedy Trading Servers: http://www.speedytradingservers.com/contact

Please answer the following questions to look into your historical data.
        What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi thanks for your quick response. Im using version 7.0.1000.29 and this is as of right now Simulation only. For example I loaded gbpjpy and I cannot load any previous data I only see whats moving at the moment. This also goes for all the other pairs for example eurusd. I see my previous orders, pattern formations, but since I have not opened this pair since yesterday theres a gap between the information last night and whats going on now. Usually this isn't a problem as I would just right click and hit reload historical data, but that option is greyed out and won't let me load anything on any pair. Im looking to go live and buy licenses very soon so as of right now this is an big issue as well as my screen freezes from time to time. As far as the VPS is this a remote viewing package?

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

Thanks for your reply.

When connected to the Simulated Data Feed you will only received real time, internally generated data. To receive historical data you would need to connect to a data provider who supports historical data.
            You can request real time & historical forex demo data feed from the link below.
            NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Yes, the VPS would be a remote connection solution.

Comment

Just so I fully understand, only if I'm in front of ninja trader will the data load up in real time, if I'm away or if its closed all the data for that time while ninja trader is closed won't show up? If this is the case why previously was I able to load historical data at any given time?

Also I'm connected through FXCM and on account connection I added a new one with the information provided.

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, if you are connected to the Simulated Data Feed you will only received fake real time data.
                To have received historical data before you must have been connected to a data provided who supports historical data.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider to see what providers offer historical data.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the simulated data feed.

Comment

Ok makes sense as I had a trial for free real time data. Being that my trial was over I just signed up for an additional 30 day trial for real time data, however I still cannot load historical data on the charts.

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

Thanks for your reply.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Im connected through FXCM. Attached are the error messages in the log column. The chart that doesn't show any previous data is gbpjpy and as I stated before I cannot load any historical data on any chart. I attached 3 pictures to show this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

Thanks for your reply.

You are unable to connect to the historical data server.
                        I have verified the server is working.
                        Please exit NinjaTrader and restart your modem/router.
                        If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to it's exceptions list.
                        You will need to exclude the following directories.
                        C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 7
                        (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7

Comment

Hi this is dragging on longer than it should I'm sure but Ninja Trader is in my exceptions list in my firewall settings and I restarted the modem and relaunched Ninja Trader and still I cannot reload an historical data.

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

Thanks for your reply.

Please right into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com requesting a call so we can remote into your system and see what is preventing the connection.

Comment

Hello,

Just to be sure and safe if you could you please clarify the following.

I have two laptops and I wanted to use the new one to live trade, while using the old one for market replay only at the same time when the live market I operate is "calm". Can I run both ninja trader platforms at once with the same license having just one with the live account connected and the other the playback connection on?

Thank you very much and have a nice day.
                              Alex

Comment

Hello jwaorpi,,

Thank you for your note.

Yes, there would be no issue with doing this.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Aviram Y  
                                Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes