Strategy Inconsistency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Inconsistency

I have a couple of strategies I run during the day of which these strategies will show indicators to me when they take place. The question and problem is, on one day, while trading the strategy will not work, but the next day when I run a backtest the strategy shows up. Basically, I never know if my chart is going to show my strategy indicators while trading live because sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. So, even if my strategy did take place during the day, but I was never allerted by my indicator, I'm losing out, only to find out the next day the strategy really did happen because it was evident in the backtesting. What could be causing this or how can I get strategies to be more consistent when I trade? Thanks.

mikehoustonmsu, which NT release version are you using here? Please check under Help > About.

Do you see any errors in the log tab as this occurs?

Also to clarify, you would most likely see different trade / excution groupings when comparing backtesting results to live / sim trade generated results on live data -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes