NT Meltdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Meltdown

I have having major issues with my NT 6.5 After trying to write a few strategies (which wouldn't compile without my first fixing supposed errors in perfectly working indicators and other strategies) I am now unable to install ninjascripts without apparently fixing every indicator I have (preinstalled and custom).

Also, when I try to delete strategies, it won't let me. So, after I go into the actual folder and delete from there, they still show up as if I have them.

Help?

Hi Dsraider,

Thank you for your post.

The error indicates your current NinjaScript files contain errors, which need to resolved first before you can import new NinjaScript files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator or strategy. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator or strategy, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete

You can find general debug information at the link below.

In addition, you can try the following workaround as well. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked.

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder.

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

Restore your settings and you should be able to import new NinjaScript files again.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm familiar with the first option. Unfortunately, it's telling me I have compiling errors on EVERY indicator I have. Also, it won't let me delete anything, saying it's being used by another source when, in fact, it isn't. It looks like deleting Ninja and starting new may be my only option. This will mark the second time I've had to do this. IF I've done nothing wrong, is there a reason this happens or is there something I can do ti prevent it?

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

Hi Dsraider,

I would just ensure that you make indicators and strategies one by one, ensuring that each one is fully compilable and functioning.

Comment

Will do, Tim. Thanks again for your help.

Dave

Comment

If you know what Strategies aren't working, open them up and comment the offending sections. Do this with them all until they eare error free. Then when you wish to work on the code again, just un-comment it.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hi eDanny,

Great suggestion!

Comment

If you have indicators that are calling a shared function, the single shared function (or how its being called) may create problems that ripple out through your other indicators. Otherwise, its a one-by-one review... (yucky, but necessary)

Comment

Thanks, all. eDanny, that sounds great but I have no idea what you're talking about

Comment

Hello,

Go to tools>edit> pick an indicator or strategy> OK, and put "//" to the left of all the code you want to comment out.
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perfect. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post bmartz
                      by bmartz