Setting Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Alert

I'm trying to set an alert in market analyzer where if the last price is < the lower band of the bollinger to pop up an alert. However I just tried to set it and the alert only allows me to input a number value, can't be against a variable. anyway to make this work?

Hello,

This is not possible to do in the MA in NT6.5, but may be able to do it in NT7:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

You can program an alert like this in the strategy wizard:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi thanks i setup an alert with pop and msg using strategy analyzer. however how do i tell it to look at wha the offer price is on the list of currencies in my market analyzer?

Comment

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your reply.

You would want to set an alert on LastPrice for this.

For more information about configuring alerts within the Market Analyzer, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...onditions.html
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

I don't think what you told me is correct. I'm trying to set an alert where if Last price is > then an upper bollinger band it would alert me. however it doesn't allow me to do that in the alert section.

i have tried doing a custom alert but i don't know how to tell it do last price on my specific currency pair. thanks

Comment

Hi katiewc,

Thank you for your reply and the clarification.

Unfortunately, comparison of this type is not possible by default in the Market Analyzer.

For this, a custom indicator that returned a value when these conditions were present would need to be created. You could then set an alert based on this custom indicator.

For this, custom programming would be required. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Alerts setup

About managing the Alert in NT 6.5 (or 7) it seems it's quite unflexible or I don't understand the features correctly.

I've managed to create an alert with the Market Analyzer and when the condition is triggered they appear on the Alert window.

But simply looking at Market Analyzer the user cannot see whether underlying an instrument there are alerts, or switching them on/off on the fly, etc.

So is there any flag in order to check/activate/disable these alerts on the fly?

If there are no solutions with Ninja, is there any 3rd party plugin, module, that provides a decent Alerts management?

Kind regards,
              Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, all of these functions are available only in the Columns menu (Right click > Columns). It is not currently possible to add these items to the front display of a Market Analyzer, but I will forward this on to my development team for further consideration as an addition in future releases.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                1 response
                0 likes