NT 6.5 Cache 60 minute bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 Cache 60 minute bars

I have a Market Analyzer that has 30 symbols set for daily bars. I open 2 chart windows and link them to the MA. One chart is daily, the other is 60min. every time I click on a new symbol in MA, the daily chart loads immediately, the 60min chart reloads historical every time even if it loads once and I come back to it. There is NO caching of this data.

I've viewed the NT docs that indicates session data is maintained either in Market Analyzer or by keeping a chart alive for each symbol. Further, the docs say caching is within .net. It does not say caching is in the NT database. It's crazy to have to keep an open window for each symbol I want to cache 60min bars for.

I am using IB which has a historical request limitation and I keep running into it since there is no caching.

Anyone else have this issue. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Can you tell me step by step what you are doing so I can reproduce it? The historical data should be stored in your database.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ben,

Here are the steps.

1) Open Market Analyzer and load 30 symbols preferably ones not used recently with Daily data.
      2) Open Daily chart window for 365 days back and link it to MA.
      3) Open 60min chart window for 60 days back and link it to MA.
      4) Now cycle through all symbols and see if the charts load immediately or do they pull data from your provider. in my case it's IB and I can see it constantly hitting the historical data request limitation message. It's important to cycle through the same symbols more than once to prove that caching is not in affect.

thx

Comment

Hello jeddah62,

Unfortunately this can be as expected. Please see the following link for information on how NinjaTrader loads historical data.

Unfortunately the internal cache is managed by .NET Framework and unpredictable.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh. Does NT 7.0 caching different?

Comment

jeddah62,

There is a new cache feature for chart intervals in 7 which should help reduce some of the loading attempts, but the rules outlined by Jason will still apply.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes