Daily Chart Charting Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Chart Charting Errors

Has anyone else noticed that on a daily chart for Ninja Trader.. using IB as data feed . I have realized that it never charts for the current day on a daily look. anyone know why? so right now on a daily chart i only have data until last friday... and sometimes it does show today's data.. but it's just a line.. with nothing else... any help?

Hello katiewc,

Can you please check what time and date your PC clock uses. I suggest to set it to the same time zone as per the exchange the instrument is traded on.

I just tested a daily ES 03-10 chart and I received a price bar for today's date.

In addition, please ensure the current date is entered next to 'Last date' in the Format Data Series window of the chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I am doing FX so I don't believe there's any specific time zone...
      In the format data series I chose the "Days back" options.. will that affect anything?

Comment

That option should not affect this. Please ensure the current date is entered next to 'Last date' in the Format Data Series window.

I tested a daily EURUSD chart in my end and I displayed a price bar for today.
        Attached Files

Comment

this is a long known and STILL unsolved issue with daily forex bars and IB's feed......last day's candle always incorporated within previous day candle.... don't know if it has to do anything with time zones...mine is GMT + 2.

Comment

Hi katiewz,

there is a specific problem with daily data for IB Forex, if you are located in Eastern Europe. You will get false daily data, if your timezone is GMT +2 or further East. This is related to the timestamps of the daily bars supplied by IB and their interpretation by NinjaTrader. To cure this, you need to set your system clock to GMT + 1 or further West.

Originally posted by katiewc View Post
            Hi Jason,

I am doing FX so I don't believe there's any specific time zone...
            In the format data series I chose the "Days back" options.. will that affect anything?

Comment

Harry,
              this is not a solution to the problem...developers should find another way to clean up the bug ... maybe someone like me cannot change the system time ....not only Ninza runs on my pc ...

regards
              Kon

Originally posted by Harry View Post
              Hi katiewz,

there is a specific problem with daily data for IB Forex, if you are located in Eastern Europe. You will get false daily data, if your timezone is GMT +2 or further East. This is related to the timestamps of the daily bars supplied by IB and their interpretation by NinjaTrader. To cure this, you need to set your system clock to GMT + 1 or further West.

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 will include a Session Manager to setup times as per the time zone you like. More information can be found at the link below.

New Session Manager
                We have introduced a new Session Manager which allows you to pre-define session templates for when a market trades. Session templates can be assigned to each instrument in the Instrument Manager and also overridden anywhere a Data Series is used such as a Chart, Market Analyzer and Strategy Analyzer.

Comment

Originally posted by katiewc View Post
                  Has anyone else noticed that on a daily chart for Ninja Trader.. using IB as data feed . I have realized that it never charts for the current day on a daily look. anyone know why? so right now on a daily chart i only have data until last friday... and sometimes it does show today's data.. but it's just a line.. with nothing else... any help?
                  I use NT with IB data feed, but I haven't noticed the issue you describe. When I shift to a daily chart I get today's bar, and it changes as price changes during the day. I'm not knowledgeable enough about NT to offer a solution, however. Good luck . . . .

Comment

NinjaTrader and the API of Interactive Brokers are archenemys.

Forex session ends at 10PM GMT. If you are located at GMT +2, Interactive Brokers timestamps with the new date (= one day ahead). NinjaTrader 6.5. cannot reconvert this.

I doubt that the session manager of NT7 will resolve the problem.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    NinjaTrader 7 will include a Session Manager to setup times as per the time zone you like. More information can be found at the link below.

New Session Manager
                    We have introduced a new Session Manager which allows you to pre-define session templates for when a market trades. Session templates can be assigned to each instrument in the Instrument Manager and also overridden anywhere a Data Series is used such as a Chart, Market Analyzer and Strategy Analyzer.

Comment

Hello Harry,

It should resolve the issue, since session templates wil override the time zone of the PC clock.

Comment

I will check it.

Hello Harry,

It should resolve the issue, since session templates wil override the time zone of the PC clock.

Comment

You are kidding

Below you will find the charts

(a) Daily chart as displayed by TWS (Interactive Brokers)
                          (b) Daily chart as displayed by NinjaTrader 7.0.0.7 (Session Template FOREX, System Clock GMT +1)
                          (c) Daily chart as displayed by NinjaTrader 7.0.0.7 (Session Template FOREX, System Clock GMT +2)

(a) and (b) are correct.

For (c) all candles are 2 days (!) off, the last 2 candles are missing. So it is even worse than NT 6.5. So don't tell us stories please, it is now for years that NT does not display daily data of IB correctly, if the close of the session is midnight or later in time of system clock. This problem also applies to other instruments such as TF, but of course it is all the fault of Interactive Brokers.

Hello Harry,

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Harry; 02-02-2010, 03:26 PM. Reason: should be GMT+1 instead of GMT -1 etc.

Comment

thanks for the help.
                            when's NT7 out?

Comment

Thanks Harry,

I would like to know Jason's answer on this.....

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                              Below you will find the charts

(a) Daily chart as displayed by TWS (Interactive Brokers)
                              (b) Daily chart as displayed by NinjaTrader 7.0.0.7 (Session Template FOREX, System Clock GMT -1)
                              (c) Daily chart as displayed by NinjaTrader 7.0.0.7 (Session Template FOREX, System Clock GMT -2)

(a) and (b) are correct.

For (c) all candles are 2 days (!) off, the last 2 candles are missing. So it is even worse than NT 6.5. So don't tell us stories please, it is now for years that NT does not display daily data of IB correctly, if the close of the session is midnight or later in time of system clock. This problem also applies to other instruments such as TF, but of course it is all the fault of Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Kaledus