Chart Trader PnL off if not SIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader PnL off if not SIM

The ChartTrader shows the P&L when flat -- in SIM mode it is correct taking commissions into account; however, when linked to the broker account, the P&L is wrong because it does not include commissions.

This is a bug, please fix. P&L should always reflect commissions if I've gone to the trouble of inputting them. And it should behave the same regardless of account being used.

NT 6.5.1000.14

Hello Lost Trader,

Unfortunately this is not the case. Can you please check if you entered commissions as per the broker technology you use to trade live. I suspect you only have commissions setup as per the simulation trading.

How do you currently have commissions setup?

Please go to Tools-->Options-->Commission-tab and ensure you setup commissions for the broker technology and instrument type you use.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Please go to Tools-->Options-->Commission-tab and ensure you setup commissions for the broker technology and instrument type you use.
      Jason, I will be delighted if this is a simple fix.

Please see attachment picture -- Commissions are set up identically for Sim & Zen-fire. Looks like I may not have some of the others exactly identical, but I do not use those others.

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Those settings should work. Once you have ChartTrader opened with your live account, can you please go to Tools-->Options-->General-tab and check if 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled.

If the issue persists, please remove the commission level and only use a minimum commission (or vice versa) and check if that will make any difference.

A minimum commission will apply commissions per side per order.

A commission level will apply commissions per side per contract.

Note that commissions will only be applied for trades after you setup commissions; it will not apply to historical trades.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 02-01-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Those settings should work. Once you have ChartTrader opened with your live account, can you please go to Tools-->Options-->General-tab and check if 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled.
          Yes, it is already checked (see pic). It would have to be for the Chart Trader to reflect P&L with commissions correctly on the SIM account which it does.

And of course, the Account Performance tab also shows P&L Summary & trades with commissions correctly for BOTH the SIM account trades & the broker account trades.

I removed the commission level and will see if it changes anything tomorrow.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds good, please let me know the outcome of tomorrow.

Comment

Same problem, Jason. The Chart Trader P&L is accurate for the SIM account but wrong for the real (broker) account. The Account Performance tab is correct for both.

Comment

Hello Lost_Trader,

Unfortunately the ChartTrader PnL is derived from the broker technology as per Zen-Fire, which does not include commissions.

I mixed it up with a different broker technology; my earlier statements were incorrect. So unfortunately this is as expected with Zen-Fire.

I will forward the suggestion to have it include commissions or have it calculated by NinjaTrader to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to have it include commissions or have it calculated by NinjaTrader to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
                  Please do, Thank you.

It is very frustrating when it does not behave the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Trader View Post
                    Please do, Thank you.

It is very frustrating when it does not behave the same.
                    Yes it is. I have to enter everything into Excel to get the correct totals. I've noticed a trend; when someone finds something in Ninja Trader that doesn't work, support says we'll try and get that added... at some future date, but I have never noticed Ninja Trader waiting until some future date to collect their payments.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by timmbbo, 07-05-2023, 10:21 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby