Importing problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing problem...

When trying to import a custom indicator I get this message...."You have custom Ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File." But it doesn't tell me which file..How can I resolve?????

Hello Miked11,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello Miked11,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
      • Open NinjaTrader
      • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
      • Select an indicator and double click on it.
      • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
      • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
      • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
      Any help when you don't have the indicator that is posted as having the error? Thanks

After doing the Compile feature again I noticed the correct file name for the .cs file with the error. Thanks
      Last edited by t1259sw; 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM. Reason: Was able to locate indicator

Comment

Can you please tell us what the error message exactly states.

Do you see the indicator that has the error at Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please tell us what the error message exactly states.

Do you see the indicator that has the error at Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator?
          Jason; Problem resolved, I was making this issue harder than it was. If
          I would learn to follow instructions life would be much easier, no more errors when using the Compile tool. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I'm trying to just move my custom indicators over, from 6.5 to 7, and then compile them, but I'm getting about 20 of these types of errors (see below). None of the indicators I'm trying to move over have anything to do with these "namespace name" indicators.

Any help with a solution would be appreciated.
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sample of errors:

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikDMX' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 21 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikJMA' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 22 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikRSX' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 23 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'JurikVEL' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 24 17

NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs The type or namespace name 'WoodiesCCI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) CS0246 - click for info 25 17

Comment

Hello Thomas,

To resolve this:
              • Right Click within the NinjaScript editor and select References
              • Click Add
              • Browse to My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\custom\
              • Select the file "NinjaTrader.vendor.dll" and then recompile.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you.
              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                Hello Thomas,

To resolve this:
                • Right Click within the NinjaScript editor and select References
                • Click Add
                • Browse to My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\custom\
                • Select the file "NinjaTrader.vendor.dll" and then recompile.

Let us know if this doesn't work for you.
                I go to Edit Ninja Script Indicator. The "Edit Indicator" box comes up. No right click actions?

I open up a random indicator and right click.
                Select references.
                Add NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll

The file is in a little box titled "References" and "Assembly"

What is the next step? How do I compile from here?

Comment

Hi Thomas,

After you have added the reference you can compile by right clicking in the programming window and selecting compile. If that does not work Compile is available by hitting the F5 key on the keyboard, or the fifth icon from the right on the toolbar.
                  Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                    Hi Thomas,

After you have added the reference you can compile by right clicking in the programming window and selecting compile. If that does not work Compile is available by hitting the F5 key on the keyboard, or the fifth icon from the right on the toolbar.
                    OK...when I compile after adding the reference I get more programming errors for things like @[email protected][email protected][email protected]...???

Comment

Thomas, can you please post a screenshot of the exact errors showing up at the bottom of the NinjaScript editor? Likely another reference is missing, you would need NinjaTrader Core and the Wilson OR Mapper, too.

Thanks
                      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hopefully you can see the errors on this jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thomas, you definitely miss more references, please check those off with the screenshot I attached.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                            Thomas, you definitely miss more references, please check those off with the screenshot I attached.

I put the two Ninja files into the reference box. Where do I locate the System files to add? I can't seem to find them?

Comment

Those would sit in the .NET install folders under Windows - for example, C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post elirion
                              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM