Connection to Gain Capital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to Gain Capital

Is Gain Capital still providing free price data for NinjaTrader? I'm unable to connect to their severs. Their denying any connections to the data feed...

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

Yes the GAIN data is free to setup and use. Please delete out your GAIN connection by going to Control Center->Tools->Account Connection->Highlight your GAIN connection -> Delete.

Then use the setup guide below and follow the instructions for a free demo account.

Let me know if you are able to get up and running.

Comment

I've deleted my prior connection twice and create a new one but still no connection. It's not me that's the problem it's Gain Capital, their not allowing me to connect to their server for some reason. Are you able to get a connection?

Comment

Yes, I am able to connect just fine. You were sure to follow the instructions for the free connection right? Using the free connection you are not required to input a username and password.

Also make sure that any firewalls that you may be running are disabled.

If you are still unable to connect using the free demo connection for gain please send a note to support [at] ninjatrader.com with a reference to this forum post and mention any error messages you are seeing so that we can continue to diagnose the problem.

Comment

I'm not doing anything wrong...I know how to create acct connections I was connected all morning. Here's the error mgs that pops in a msgbox when i try to connect - Login failed: Failed to connect to Rates interface: System.Net.Sockets.SocketExpection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host as System.Net...

Comment

It's cool, I actually "read" the exception error and seen that it was closing my connection because of an "existing instance" so I rebooted now I there should be only one instance running. Yep, I'm connected now...

Comment

Great,

Glad to hear your up and running. Thanks for posting your solution!

Comment

This link http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_GAIN.htm doesn't work.
                Please correct address.

Comment

Hello figos,

There have been some changes in our website recently. You'll now find the GAIN connection guide here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

is there still free access to GAIN forex data? If yes, how can I establish it? I followed the guide, but then I must enter username&password, which I do not have. there is no instructions about a "free connection" in the guide.

thanks for feedback
                    Andre

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately many months ago with the NFA rule changes the free connection for GAIN is no longer available in NinjaTrader. You must have a live or demo account setup with GAIN that is re-branded for use with NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi. Yesterday I registered with Forex.com and today I wanted to connect to ninja trader with my account, but I couldn't, Pop up window appeared and it says "Login failed: Unable to log into the GAIN API". Account I have with Forex is live, but the ninja trader platform is free, maybe it has something to do with that? For the time being I want to trade on simulator only.
                        Regards

Comment

Hello,

You will need to rebrand that GAIN account to connect with NinjaTrader.

If you already have a GAIN/FOREX.com account you will want to follow the instructions under "I already have an account at GAIN Capital/FOREX.com" otherwise follow the instructions for opening a live account.

Click here for further instructions

Comment

NT7 and Forex.com / GAIN not listed!

Hi,

I have a live forex.com account. When I go to connection options, GAIN is not listed in the provider section. My NT version is 7.

Please help.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

This has to do with your license key.

Please email your license key you have installed under control center->help->license key to sales at ninjatrader dot com and let them knwo that you cannot see the GAIN connection.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB