Cannot reference NTDirect.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running Visual Studio 2008, and have a console application with the following code:

using System;
    using NinjaTrader.Cbi;
    using NinjaTrader.Client;
    using NinjaTrader.Data;

namespace NTClient
    {
    class Program
    {
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {
    }
    }
    }

When I attempt to add a reference to NTDirect.dll, I receive the following error message:

A reference to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\NtDirect.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component.

Since I am browsing to this file directly, the problem must be that Visual Studio 2008 considers it to be an invalid assembly or COM component.

How can I fix this?

I have checked all other posts involving ntdirect.dll and have not found this particular issue --- others seem to be able to add the reference.

I have .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 installed. The project is set to target .NET 2.0 and x86.

There is a .NET sample application available at <install dier>/bin/AutoTrader/NinjaTraderCSharpSampleApplication.zip. I suggest proceeding along these lines.

Comment

I am afraid this sample does not help. I want to code a custom external data feed and it is my understanding that NTDirect.dll is what you use, but again, I can't add that .dll to my project or open it in the Object Browser.

Comment

Are you trying to the .NET or COM interface? The support for COM has be deprecated unfortunately.

What I can suggest is this - uninstall NT, delete all occurances found of NTDirect.dll and then reinstall fresh. Then retry referencing it...
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

I'm getting a similar error here with latest NT7. In the docco, (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...?functions.htm)

it seems to state that we can use the NTdirect.dll file to drive data to NT.

As in my other post tonight, I'm trying to send bid/ask data to NT, and I believe this is how to do this.

Is there any example code that shows communicating to these dll functions from an external application?

thanks
          Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel, would you mind contacting me directly at support at ninjatrader dot com?
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses