Ray drawing inconsistently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray drawing inconsistently

Attached are 2 charts, both of ES RTH 1min (02/04 to 02/05). One is a screencap from a notebook, and the other a desktop. A Ray drawn connecting the two leftmost highs do not extend/cross the later bars at the same price. This is despite 1) Resetting the DB on both PC's. 2) Reloading history after resetting (separately, and from the same data source) 3) Confirming that the anchor-highs are the same price on both charts/PC's 4) Snap to OHLC set ON on both charts when the Ray is drawn and confirmed via magnify that the correct highs are being used. 5) Verified that both PCs are using the same NT version (6.5.1000.14). Though the differences may look minor, they will increase the further the Ray extends to the right. Is this a bug, and if so, can it be fixed before ver 7 is released?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tarkus11; 02-06-2010, 04:22 PM.

Hello Tarkus11,

Thank you for your post.

Which of the images is from the netbook.

What are display resolution is used on the netbook?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response. The notebook pic has the ES 1min in the upper left and the screen is 1280x800. BTW - it is a standard-type notebook, not a netbook. This was brought to my attention by someone else, so I checked myself to see if I could reproduce it, and it turns out I could.

Comment

Hello Tarkus11,

Thank you for your reply.

I see what you are talking about but I am not able to replicate this on my end.

Are you taking any special steps?

Which data provider is being used on these two PC's?

Comment

Thanks again for looking at this. Zen-fire is the data provider. I am doing nothing special. In fact, to eliminate as many variables as possible, I started with a blank chart on both machines, no indicators, and drew only 1 Ray. I have checked the bars and (since the data is from the same provider - that is, I connect on the notebook PC, reload history, disconnect - then connect on the desktop, reload history, disconnect) the relevant anchor highs are the same price between the two charts and the later bars that pass thru the Ray on the notebook have the same highs that do not pass thru the Ray on the desktop. Attached is confirmation that the High @ Time is the same on both charts, but the Ray anchored at the same price highs is at a very different distance from the (relative) swing high before the final move up.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Tarkus11; 02-07-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Hello Tarkus11,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm still not able to replicate this on my end.

Please try deleting your historical data, reloading that data from the server and then re-drawing your ray on both of your PC's.

To delete historical data, please follow the steps listed here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Delete.html

Please delete all data for this contract in tick and minute intervals.

Next, reconnect to Zen-Fire and open new charts, then re-draw your ray's.

Do you see the same after taking these steps?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to try this later - perhaps the weekend if I am able - as I make it a rule not to mess with altering my PC environment during weekdays.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post marcus2300