Loading Range Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Range Bars

I can open a minute chart with 150 days of data and it loads in only a few seconds. If I then change this chart to Range Bars it take FOREVER ( over 20 to 30 minutes) to load, if in fact it will finish before running out of resources.

I did not have this problem in the past so I completely removed Ninja Trader and began again from scratch. During the uninstall process renamed the old Ninja Trader folder located in the My Docs folder so it would have to download all the historical data again. But this had no effect. I have NO indicators loaded on the chart so this can't be the issue.
    I am connected to Zen-Fire as my data feed.

Any suggestions

d

Hello dwt1020,

Thank you for your post.

Are you attempting to open a range chart that goes 150 days back?
    If so, this is a huge amount of data. Keep in mind that range bars are built using tick data and the data provided by Zen-Fire is unfiltered. (meaning you receive every tick)

Because of this you are likely running in to two issues:

1.) The data feed will stall when trying to load this amount of data. This amount of data can be loaded, but it will take multiple attempts to completely load. This would entail loading the data (as much as is possible), then restarting NinjaTrader and requesting the historical data again.

2.) If this data does load, you will likely run in to 'out of memory' errors. Unfortunately, there is no way around this other than to reduce the number of days back you are loading.

You will need to reduce the days back setting in the range chart in order for the historical data to load on the first attempt and to ensure that you will not run in to performance issues.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response. I would have thought since Minute data showed up so quickly that range bars would have too........

regards

d

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo
      by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM