Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to do demo trading with live data feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to do demo trading with live data feed?

Hi there,

I have a NT 6.5 and some strategies than is fine with back testing. I got a paper trade account in IB and their live data feed.

1. Is it possible for me to do demo / paper trading with all of these things without buying a live trading license? If so, how can I do this? I can't find information on the help guide...

2. If I have to purchase a license, I prefer to rent it for several months first. I saw the website saying I can get a pro rata discount if I pay off the license fee after I rent it for a period...Can any people show me the math or the pro rata rate?

Thanks a lot.

Hello Jeffrey,

1. Unfortunately not, you will need a live license to trade any external account, whether demo, paper or live.

2. I believe Sales will pro-rate any time you have left on your subscription upon upgrading to a lifetime license. I suggest to send an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for confirmation.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

1. I am gonna trade futures, as far as I know, NT not support auto rollover or merge the data into a continuous distribution.....I have to make use of daily and hour chart of a rather long period, so how can I address this problem in live trading?

2. Also where can I find the information about making my strategy go live? I wanna take a look first before I actually purchase anything...Cheers
      Last edited by Jeffrey.Ng; 02-08-2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

1. You can merge data as per the instructions at the link below.

In addition, merge functionality will be improved in NinjaTrader 7. Please see the link below for more information.

New Continuous/Merged Futures Contracts
        The concept of continuous contracts are implemented in a manner that allows you to continue to work with the front month for trading (ES 09-09 is the current front month as of this writing) and define a rollover date, June 11, 2009 is the contract boundary between June and September contracts. Rollover dates for the most popular futures contracts will be managed by NinjaTrader server and automatically uploaded to you. You can of course overwrite this. You then set up a "Merge policy" globally which can be overridden at the instrument level. As you request a historical chart, if the days to load crossed over the rollover boundary, NinjaTrader will transparently request the prior month(s) historical data and merge it into one Data Series based on the selected merge policy. This entire process is of course transparent to the user and ensure that a complete chart is received and that you know which contract you are actually executing trades against.

2. You would select your live account in the Strategy Parameters window. More information can be found at the links below.

Strategy-tab

Chart
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Then what about the rollover of contract each month? Do I have to do it manually? If so, how does NT know I rollover the contract?

Comment

Jeffrey, correct if you merge you roll one expiry's data into the next one's and so forth until your continuous contract is 'stringed' together...there's unfortunately not batch function available for this, other than NT7's new feature Jason mentioned already.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes