Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PIP and Tick Measuring tool

Dear Ninja Trader Staff and Traders:
    Can we make a Pip/Tick Measuring tool on NT? A tool that will measure the amount of pips/ ticks in a movement and with a keyboard shortcut to it.

It would be great if we can hit the keyboard shortcut and then get an "indicator" that where we click and drag it it will measure the amount of pips of ticks in between those 2 points and the amount of candles that way you also know how much time it took to complete that move. It really skims down analysis time and lets you focus purely on your trading.

I know NT7 is coming out with one but I wanted to know if anyone had one right now even if it was a very simple one.

I remember seeing a platform whose pip/tick measuring tool would even give you the dollars that move was worth for one contract or however many you wanted. Which was very cool..

So do we have one or even a basic one..

How can I make one like for example using the line drawing tool maybe and then have the computer do the math from the two ends of the line.

Thats all.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

Dear Ninja Trader Staff and Traders:
    Can we make a Pip/Tick Measuring tool on NT? A tool that will measure the amount of pips/ ticks in a movement and with a keyboard shortcut to it.

It would be great if we can hit the keyboard shortcut and then get an "indicator" that where we click and drag it it will measure the amount of pips of ticks in between those 2 points and the amount of candles that way you also know how much time it took to complete that move. It really skims down analysis time and lets you focus purely on your trading.

I know NT7 is coming out with one but I wanted to know if anyone had one right now even if it was a very simple one.

I remember seeing a platform whose pip/tick measuring tool would even give you the dollars that move was worth for one contract or however many you wanted. Which was very cool..

So do we have one or even a basic one..

How can I make one like for example using the line drawing tool maybe and then have the computer do the math from the two ends of the line.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello Gold82,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this option is not available at this time within NinjaTrader 6.5 however this will be implemented in NinjaTrader 7.

New Ruler Drawing Tool
      Ruler drawing tools allows you to draw as many rulers as you wish that measures the X and Y values between two selected points. You can also easily measure, get the values and right click to cancel the action should you not wish to maintain the ruler on the chart.

I have provided a link below to the public announcement of NinjaTrader 7 which includes a section that goes over new features, improvements and release information.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher.

And when is NT7 scheduled to come out approximately?

Also do we have to pay extra if we have 6.5 to get the new Version?

Thank you.
        Omar Ignacio

Comment

Unfortunately we do not have a date at this time of when NinjaTrader 7 will be released to the general public. No, there will not be a fee to upgrade from NinjaTrader 6.5 to 7 when it is available.

The link that provided in the previous post has additional release information and the status of NinjaTrader 7.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

where can I find this thing in NT7?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for your post.

Under the Drawing Tools you can find this and it is called the Ruler.
              You can access the Drawing Tools on your chart with the pencil icon on the Chart Toolbar
              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post RideMe
              by RideMe

Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
              0 responses