Zenfire + range bar chart question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenfire + range bar chart question

I presently use my IB broker data for my Ninja charts and as IB do not support historical tick data, I have to build my range bar charts live.

If I switch to Zenfire futures data, is this supported, i. can I almost instantly call up a range bar chart with at last say a month of history ?

Whilst writing, does anyone know if Zenfire cash fx data is now originated from Currenex (via FXCM - there was a rumor that FXCM were going to offer Currenex data) ?

Hi,

Yes, Zen-Fire does provide historical tick data. Send a note to sales at ninjatrader with your license included and ask him to make the change for you. Mention that you want to change from IB to Zen-Fire.

Can't confirm on the FXCM data.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Vincent. I would still trade with IB, so as far as I can see I will need a multi-broker license upgrade.

Comment

That is correct. You can send a note to sales if you would like to upgrade and they can schedule a call to take the purchase over the phone.

Prettig weekend!

Comment

btw, Vincent, I have not been able to reach the main NT Homepage this morning : I wanted to look at the ZenFire connection guide. Any idea if there is maintenance or something going on ?

Comment

No, nothing going on. Just checked and it's working for me.

Check here for Zen-Fire connectivity info:

Comment

Very strange - cannot access your link - will keep trying...

Edit : cannot accesss via second computer either, this never happened before !
              Last edited by jtrade; 02-12-2010, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Try clearing your browser cache. In your browser go to Tools--> Internet Options and delete all cookies and files.

Also, what happens if you copy the link into your browser?

As an alternative you can try a different browser like Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Google Chrome.

Comment

You know, Vincent, this really is weird : XS4ALL are now telling me that the route between my computer and the NT website may be banned/blocked and there is no way of finding out if this is actually the case other than waiting two days. The tech guy I spoke to said he sometimes experiences this with accessing Rabobank ! (this is all meaningless to anyone outside The Netherlands)

The route to NT is smiply blocked, but I get everwhere else, including this forum... will try again on Monday.

Comment

Hello,

OK, let us know how it goes. You may want to try disabling your anti-virus and firewall software and see if that helps.

Sorry, jumping in here so I may be off a bit on my answer...
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sunday evening here and still no access - all other sites no problem. I have tried turning off Windows Firewall and AVG anti-virus and would confirm that my other computer's access is also blocked. The older computer runs XP Home (as opposed to Vista 64) and uses Avast! AV as opposed to AVG... curioser and curioser....

...the relevance to this thread is that I want to check the cost of a multiple license lease. I switched my paid, single license version to receive Zen-Fire data, rather than IB data, on Friday, so I can no longer trade via Ninja. Either I use the dreaded Booktrader (maybe it's better than it used to be) with a free version of Ninja (not unappealing, the word "Free") for charting, or I go multi-broker... although as I write it occurs to me that I only want one BROKER conection, just using Zen-Fire data for charting, which is free.... ???

Comment

Do you have 'Exclude Weekend' set to 'False' under the Chart properties? In addition, is there an error message listed in the log tab?

Please send your reply to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post. Put in the subject as well 'For Vince'. Through regular email I will be able to respond quicker.

Comment

Vince - was this reply meant for me or another thread ?

Comment

My reply was meant for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jaybedreamin  
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM