ATM Strategie is Screwy for Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategie is Screwy for Forex

I'm having issues with the NT software while connecting to my broker. I'm using Esignal for my data, The data is obv different, but I'm not getting the complete Bid Ask that my broker is showing. So I changed the tick value under the instrument manager for each curr. pair. But when I did that it threw off my ATM strategie. So when I get into a postion it's looking at the last two numbers from the decimal. So if I have a 20 pip stop and the price I got in was 1.770110. It get's me out emediatelly at 1.770990. So i'm having to literally put the targets as 10000 or more so that my orders are far enough away that I don't exit to early. Is there a reason why this is happening, and can someone explain what I need to do to set up my Forex Quotes properly?

Also my FX Pro isn't really working to well. I'm not getting much info when I choose a curr. Pair?

Hello jtrader1,

The reason you will need to enter multiplied values is because you changed the tick size. We recommend not to change this when trading live; it could cause issues upon submitting orders.

Please set the instruments back to their original tick size. Your original ATM values will now work as expected as well.

Who is your broker?

If you connect to eSignal only, do you see forex data different than when you connect to your broker only? Do you see a difference in the FX Pro window as well?

Please note that NinjaTrader will retrieve real-time data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support an instrument type (stock, future, index, forex), it will retrieve data from the second connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My Broker is MB Trading.

I also use Esignal as my primary data source. I would use MB as my primary but they don't support Historical data, and I need that as apart of my work day.

And yes the data is different for Forex. When I connect to Esignal I only get values rounded up. So for example if the curr. pair is being traded at 85.5090 by 85.5100 for example as shown threw my Broker. I'm only seeing 85.50 by 85.51 with esignal. So since I'm connected to Esignal first I can only see the values that are rounded on the charts. And the same is true when I enter my orders. And what I'm finding out is these rounded numbers are not always the best price or market. So I'm having a hard time bidding or offering with the chart trader cus i'm not getting those extra 00's.

But when I changed the tick value I started seeing those extra 00's on the Esignal charts. Any Ideas on how to get this to work properlly so that I can get the data to be as close as possible.

Comment

eSignal should be able to provide data for a single forex contributor, by using a specific symbol.
        For example, to get the EUR/USD MB feed from eSignal, you should use this eSignal symbol:

EUR@TDFX A0-FX

instead of the standard

EUR A0-FX

I'm not sure, but you should be able to this within Ninja.

Comment

Ok thanks, and that would make more sence.

So I did try pulling up the forex contributor for MB trading, which is indeed the currencie at TDFX AO-FX. But Ninja will not let me bring up these charts.

So when I try and load threw the charts it gives me an error saying "select correct instrument manager". I tried loading it threw the instrument manager and also tried creating a new symbol. But each time it gives me an error saying that I can only enter "letter, numbers, or an under score".

Any idea's?

Comment

Hello jtrader1,

I suggest to use the MBTrading - eSignal connection sequence; it should pull historical data from eSignal this way and use MBTrading for real-time data. More information regarding multiple connections can be found at the link below.

I believe barabba refers to the symbol mapping, which is located on the Misc-tab, not the 'Master instrument'-name.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post junkone
            by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            12 responses