"No historical data" - but I'm looking at the data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No historical data" - but I'm looking at the data

I trade ES using volume-bar charts. Since I hope the memory usage and data-handling problems in NT 6.5 will be corrected in NT7, I've starting keeping a tick-data repository on my PC, exporting one week of data at a time. The idea is to export the data for the past week every Friday. Loading up my charts is such a hit-or-miss struggle (as far as how much data will be loaded, etc.) that I always load up NT on Sunday night and keep it open and connected to my data provider all week.

Problem is, when I try to export this week's worth of tick data, the file NT generates only runs to the morning of the 8th. When I try to export a period e.g. 2/10 through 2/12, it tells me there's no data available, even though I'm staring at the data on my charts. I tried exporting both when connected to and disconnected from my data provider, and I also repaired the DB, but there's been no change.

My guess is that NT only "commits" the data to the historical DB when you close either the program or the workspace. Is there any way to work around this or can I not access this data for export until I restart NT?

Specter,

Thank you for your forum post.

Could it be that you are exporting a data type that is not avaliable on your connection, such as daily data is not avaliable on some connections?

Who are you connected too? If you are still unable to get the data exported can you send me a note to support[at]ninjatrader.com ATTN: Brett so that I may further troubleshoot.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin