Importing replay data from Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing replay data from Esignal

I read the esignal playback, but in this case I am limited to playing back only 1 file ( symbol ) at a time, I want to replay more than 1 symbol simultaneously.
    Is there any way I can export/connect data from Esignal and replay in Ninja which allows replaying multiple symbols simultaneously.

I do not have recorded data.

Hello noemotions,

Yes, this is supported by connecting to eSignal and receive real-time data for multiple instruments in NinjaTrader. More information regarding the Market Replay feature can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

but for this I need to record the data. I do not have recorded data , esignal has 10 days of historical tick data available , can I use that data to replay in Ninja trader ?

Comment

Unfortunately that is not supported.

Comment

Yesterday I signed up for esignal thinking I will be able to import data and replay without worrying about recording but i guess i was wrong on that.

Is recording from multiple data sources provided in NT 7 Beta.

I have Tradestation but some symbols e.g. $INDU ( Dow Jones Index ) cannot be recorded from Tradestation I guess there is some exchange issue , I also have Interactive brokers account, is it possible to record some symbols from tradestation and some from Interactive brokers ?'
          I like Tradestaion data feed I would prefer to use for most symbols.

Also if I give Exchange as Default will it work to record $INDU data from traddestation. In tradestation the exchange listed for $INDU is US
          Last edited by noemotions; 02-15-2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Hello noemotions,

Yes, however this is supported in NinjaTrader 6.5 as well. If you connect to multiple data feeds in NinjaTrader and you receive real-time data from both data feeds, you will record the data (as long as 'Run market replay recorder' is enabled).

However, this is not supported as per the connection with TradeStation. NinjaTrader connects to TradeStation using the External Data Feed. It is not possible to connect to another data feed when connected to the External Data Feed.

In addition, the exchange needs to be set to Nyse as per the ^DJIA index in NinjaTrader.

Comment

My bad luck that Tradestation is not supported with other sources.

You said: In addition, the exchange needs to be set to Nyse as per the ^DJIA index in NinjaTrader

Can I add new Instrument of type Index and exchange set to Default and give a custom name say MyDow in instrument manager and in external symbol map give Tradestation symbol $INDU, will this work ?

What do you think ?

Today the markets are close , cannot test this theory and I want to deceide whether I really need to pay for esignal or stop it the esiganl rep told me I can cancel it today If it does not fit my needs?

Comment

I suggest to test it using the current ^DJIA index. Temporarily set exchange to Default and check if you recieve data. If not, please set it back to Nyse.

Comment

please help me

I tried using existing ^DJIA index. Temporarily set exchange to Default and checked but did not receive the data ( bid, asl , last )

I also tried to create a custom symbol "MyDOW" of type index , exchange default and external symbol map to $INDU. No luck

But I added new instrument for NYSE advancing issues and I can see the last bid,ask,last quotes from Friday close.

Please help me with $INDU symbol from tradestation , this is my issue everything else is perfect, This also is extermenly important for my trading.

Please please please I request you to please see why $INDU from tradestation cannot be recorded while other symbols can.
                  This is the olny thing holding me up...
                  I am getting emotional ..please help me ...to find somekind of workaround
                  I need some workarond pleaseeeeeeeee

Comment

Hello noemotions,

Can you please tell me what symbol mapping External currently uses as per the ^DJIA.

Please try INDU and $INDU and check if this will result in real-time data.

Comment

Nope!! I tried ^DJIA with INDU also with $INDU with both exchanges NYSE and Default , I still do not get reak time data.
                      I also tired creating a new instrument type giving the same settings did not work either...

please help...I am using TradeStation...

Comment

Hello noemotions,

Unfortunately the $INDU does not seem to be supported; I am unable to receive real-time data on my end as well.

You could connect to a different supported data feed provider to receive data for the ^DJIA index.

You can find a matrix that list all supported data feeds at the link below.

Comment

may be there is a hack/workaround... for this symbol...in Ninja Trader script for tradestation e.g. NTExternalFeed.eld or some Ninja dll

I like tradestation datafeed , the problem I am facing is I cannot mix-n-match any other data feed with Tradestation.

I will have to give up tradestaion... please

Comment

Unfortunately I am not aware of a hack or workaround.

Comment

Do you plan on fixing this in NT 7 .
                              Do I need to log this issue somewhere?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest