Error Message with Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message with Windows 7

I just got a new computer and downloaded the free trial version of Ninjatrader to see how it does with windows 7. One of the first things I need to do is set up the tools of the program. So, I go into tools, options, and try setting up various options, but when I hit OK for the options to apply I get an error message that says the following:

NinjaTrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down. Information has been written to the trace file.

Then Ninjatrader does not shut down. Yet it doesn't apply my changes I tried to make with the options. I'm not sure what to do. Are there any known issues with windows 7?

Hello mikehoustonmsu,

Thank you for your post.

So that we may investigate the source of this error, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
    You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mikehoustonmsu View Post
      I just got a new computer and downloaded the free trial version of Ninjatrader to see how it does with windows 7. One of the first things I need to do is set up the tools of the program. So, I go into tools, options, and try setting up various options, but when I hit OK for the options to apply I get an error message that says the following:

NinjaTrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down. Information has been written to the trace file.

Then Ninjatrader does not shut down. Yet it doesn't apply my changes I tried to make with the options. I'm not sure what to do. Are there any known issues with windows 7?

Having the same issue also. I sent you the trace file.

Comment

Kyle,

I tried to send you the information you requested regarding this thread, but I don't know if you got it or not. Is this issue I've got here a common issue? What are the main problems ninjatrader is having with Windows7? I have noticed the system requirements don't say anything about it being compatable with windows 7. Did you get any of my trace file info? If not here is what it says in the trace file for the error.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
        at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
        at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
        at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
        at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
        at NinjaTrader.Cbi.ConfigSerializer.Serialize()
        at NinjaTrader.Gui.OptionsForm.ok_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for, but that is the error part. A friend of mine is also having the same problem as I am, so we are both stuck until we can get this resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Comment

Hi,

NinjaTrader 6.5 is supported with Windows 7, but not with 64 bit operating systems. Can you please clarify if you are running a 64 bit operating system.

If you include the first lines of your trace file we can review, but if you could please forward your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt
          Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I do have windows 7 64-bit. So, how do I get ninjatrader then?

Comment

Hi mikehoustonmsu,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, running the current version of NinjaTrader on a 64 bit operating system is not supported. While we will begin to support 64 bit operating systems in NinjaTrader 7, I cannot be of any further assistance on this setup as it does not meet our minimum system requirements.

Comment

Do you have any idea when it will be supported. It would seem that Windows 7 is greater than a MINIMUM requirement.

Comment

Hello mikehoustonmsu,

Windows 7 (32 bit editions) is a supported operating system in the current version of NinjaTrader.

64 bit operating systems will be supported with the release of NinjaTrader 7.
                  For more information about NinjaTrader 7, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Comment

Do we have a projected release date for Ninjatrader 7?

Comment

Hello mikehoustonmsu,

NinjaTrader 7 is late in it's beta program, but unfortunately, no release date is available at this time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes