Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting Using Tradestation as my External feed

Hi

No Chart plotting using Tradestation as my external feed real time? I've read the support on how to insert strategy indicator and to format the symbols into min bars only, still no avail? But I'm getting green light from control panel from NT that I'm connected. I'm using tradestation 8.7 build( 3085). Can you help me ? I'm new in NT. Thanks in advance...

Hello Baby Huey,

Can you please check if the symbol mapping is setup correctly as per the instrument you have selected in NinjaTrader.

Make sure you select the same instrument in NinjaTrader as the instrument you inserted the NTExternalFeed in TradeStation.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI

"
      Stocks and Forex Symbols
      Mapping is NOT required for stocks or Forex symbols "

I've tried stocks for example: GE ..But no avail.. I've also tried logging in into your stimulator feed just to see if it will plot something, and yes it did, but just the last bar only even though I've requested for more bars...whether its in mins or daily.. I'm not sure if this help. thnks

Comment

Did you insert the NTExternalFeed into a GE TradeStation chart before you selected the GE in NinjaTrader?

What happens if you try the ES 03-10 instrument?

Comment

Yes I did.

Steps I did :

1: Started NT platform
          2: Started TS and then symbols and then inserted NtexternalFeed Strategy into GE symbol. Btw, its formatted in minute interval as instructed in your help forum.
          3:Then connect NT from control panel to external feed. I'm getting connected light from the NT control panel.

Answered to your second Question: same thing. It will plot only one bar on your simulator data feed ??? If I used Tradestation as my external data feed. It doesn't plot anything same as stock. I've tried doing the stock first, I thought its easier. Thnks

Comment

Please note that the Simulated Data Feed does not provide any historical data. Thus, it is as expected that you only see one bar in the chart.

As per the TradeStation connection, can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and highlight the GE in the 'Available master instruments' section. Click Edit and select the Misc-tab. Check if GE is entered next to External.

If so, please add the GE to your default instrument list. Subsequently select the GE from your Default instrument list and check if you receive data.

Comment

HI,

Here's what I see on Instrument Editor Misc tab.

external ......... 0$ min; 0/0

below that symbol Map

External.............GE

Not sure what I'm looking at. Im new. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Your settings appear correct, and likely you are not receiving any data because the market is closed

Since TradeStation does not offer historical data the chart will be blank.
                Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                7 responses
                0 likes