Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Import failed" after removing an assembly

Using 6.5.1000.14 on Windows XP

After removing an indicator via "Remove Assembly..." and looking in \My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom and My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator I can see that the indicator files are no longer there. I then shutdown Ninja and restart it.

Then, when I try to re-install the indicator again I get this error

Import failed. The existing NinjaScript file 'a4af667719664256a4e22ab4d9794db7, version 6.5.1000.14, Culture=neutral, PublicToken=null' contains duplicate method names in the imported NinjaScript Archive File.

Attached is a screenshot.

This is being reported by a user of our's and I can't duplicate * the problem so I'm reaching out to you guys to see if you had any tips. We can install the indicator and re-install it fine on our end. It's a commercial indicator that is compiled and obfusctated with the Remotesoft tool.
    Attached Files

shodson, can you please try to recompile your customer's scripts first (after assembly removal) before trying to reinstall the indicators. To see which methods cause the issues, you could drop the DLL directly into the custom folder and then compile...the duplicate methods would then be shown in the NinjaScript editor.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I created the assembly. They are using only the assembly. They don't have any of the original source .cs files, just the compiled assembly. When they removed the assembly as described above, then tried to import my newer version, this is when they got the error. I confirmed that the DLL and .CS files are not on their computer anymore, so I don't know what it could be conflicting with.

Comment

shodson,

Are you referencing some thing from your source code that you are not including in your assembly that they could require? Have they restarted NT after removing old assemblies before trying to import?
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Shodson - did you get a solution for this? I have it too.

Comment

Hey stranger

The issue was that my original export/ZIP file had 2 custom indicators in them. I later exported them as two, separate export/ZIP files and imported them individually that made the problem go away.

Comment

I only have one indicator but mine uses the GOM framework, I wonder if that could be the source of my problem.

Comment

If your indicator uses GOM, you would need to have GOM included already on the install machine or in the export as well to be installed concurrently with it.

Comment

Wouldn't that give a different error than the duplicate method names?

Comment

cunparis,

It all depends on how your NinjaScript files interrelate to each other. What you will for sure need the scripts that your files rely on installed or else it won't work.

Comment

Don't those get included automatically? It seems to include the GOM classes that I use.

Comment

As mentioned, it all depends on how your scripts interrelate with each other. We would not know how GOM is programmed or how your indicator is programmed. If your indicator is calling methods and properties from GOM then for sure you need to include GOM to your package too. There is no auto inclusion of required 3rd party components.

What you need to do is install GOM onto your computer. Then install your indicator.

Comment

Ok I'm going to reinstall ninja on a new pc and then experiment with what I need to package to get it to work.

one thing that's weird is my DLL contains methods or method declarations for other libraries. in fact every DLL I have shows up in my DLL and I'm not using them. I get Woodies CCI in my DLL and I don't use woodies. lots of others too.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CactusMan  
                          Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post giulyko00