$tick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$tick

I am trying to get the data from my Tradestation NYSE $Tick chart into ninja trader and have it be recorded so i can use it while doing market replay practice. I have inserted the NTexternal data strategy into the chart but when starting my market replay i dont seem to find it. Also what symbol is it under for Ninja Trader. I can seem to find the $tick symbol.

Hello afm127,

Thank you for your post.

In order to have Market Replay data available it must be recorded in real time while connected to your data provider or broker.

Market Replay works if you have recorded market replay data. You can enable the recorded by following the instructions below.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Go to the "Data" tab
    • Enable "Run market replay recorder"
    • Press the "OK" button
    With the recorder enabled, NinjaTrader will record all level I and level II data while you are connected. This data will then be available to replay at a later date via the menu File > Connect > Market Replay Connection.

$TICK is listed as TICK within the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thats what i have done... but when i go to connect>market replay and bring up the TICK chart im not getting any bars printed. and when i right click on the play/pause/fast forward bar and go to available instruments i only see ES because i also have ES data recorded

Comment

If the only instrument available is ES this indicates that only this data was recorded. Did you have ^TICK selected during the day in an active chart or Market Analyzer Window?

NinjaTrader will only record data for the instrument displayed in an active chart or SuperDOM and all instruments within your Market Analyzer window.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Adding/Removing Instruments.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes