Wrong Daily High and Lows in SuperDOM and other issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Daily High and Lows in SuperDOM and other issues

Now i ofte see wrong daily Highs and Lows in SuperDOM. In Tradestation the SuperDOM is called Matrix. The Matrix shows the High and Low from the begining of the emini-day AND later additionaly the Highs and Lows of the regular stock session. It alwas reset the Highs and Lows every sessionbreak of the eminis. Ninjatrader seems don't do that - why?
    Further, the TS Matrix shows a Marketprofile - that would be a good thing for Ninja7.
    And last not least: sometimes i see my Orders (placed in SuperDOM) in a chart window, sometimes i doesn't. I don't find a property, to aktvate or deaktivate showing orders or trades etc..

What can I do?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

1. With the SuperDOM that displays the Highs and Lows it will display what is provided by TradeStation if you are using their feed. If you are using another feed then the data that is provided may be distinct from what TradeStation displays.

2. Market Profile is something you can add to a chart if you wish. http://fin-alg.com/product.html

3. Your chart windows will display orders if Chart Trader is enabled and the chart is the same instrument as the SuperDOM.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Ryan, thank you for your Answer.
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hi,

Thank you for your post.

1. With the SuperDOM that displays the Highs and Lows it will display what is provided by TradeStation if you are using their feed. If you are using another feed then the data that is provided may be distinct from what TradeStation displays.
      Oh, no. I am using ZenFire with Mius Futures now. But before that, I used Tradestation with their slow and hanging datastream. If I open NinjaTrader, connect to my datafeed then i have often - not always - wrong daily high and lows. I knew from another posting, that i ave to restart Ninja for reseting values - but if I restart, then I have wrong values too.

2. Market Profile is something you can add to a chart if you wish. http://fin-alg.com/product.html
      Well, i will look at this. I mean, that it will be a very nice feature for SuperDOM for the next Ninja Release.

3. Your chart windows will display orders if Chart Trader is enabled and the chart is the same instrument as the SuperDOM.
      Oh, ok. Chart only displayes pending orders when charttrader is aktivated. It would be nice, if i can see orders in chart-windows if I use Super-DOM. May be an additional property for chart windows.

thank You
      Last edited by xenayoo; 02-22-2010, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Hello xenayoo,

Can you please tell us what high and low is reported and what you expect to be reported.

Unfortunately orders will only be displayed when ChartTrader is enabled. It will display the orders for the instrument and account combination selected in the chart.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello xenayoo,

Can you please tell us what high and low is reported and what you expect to be reported.

Unfortunately orders will only be displayed when ChartTrader is enabled. It will display the orders for the instrument and account combination selected in the chart.
          This Problem only appears on my Notbook. It shows the High and Low from that moment when i connect to Zen-Fire. And the High and Low doesn't move, if the Price move over the High or under the Low....

Comment

Hi,

If you right click on the chart are you able to select Reload Historical Data. Also, can you please clarify which instruments you are seeing in the chart as well as their associated highs and lows, and what you are expecting.

Additionally, what is the interval of the chart you are viewing.

Comment

Hi,

If you right click on the chart are you able to select Reload Historical Data. Also, can you please clarify which instruments you are seeing in the chart as well as their associated highs and lows, and what you are expecting.

Additionally, what is the interval of the chart you are viewing.
              Reload historical data doesn't change anything. My Workspace contains Chartwindows with 5min, 3min, 377tick, 8-tick-Rangebars, statick-Super-DOM and control-center. All windows - including Super-Dom - are linked together with the same color. I look at the ES 06-10 now.
              I wrote an indicator named 'daily range'. Here i can see the current daily High, Low and Median. These values are right - but in Super-DOM. I wish, i could visualize indicators in Super-DOM.....

Comment

Hi,

On the SuperDOM if you right click and then select Properties you can set the Show Daily High/Low to True you can see the highs and lows on the SuperDOM.

As for displaying indicator values in the SuperDOM I will forward this suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader. Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

On the SuperDOM if you right click and then select Properties you can set the Show Daily High/Low to True you can see the highs and lows on the SuperDOM.
                  Sorry, but this option IS activated. It shows the high and low - but wrong values..... ;-)

Comment

Hi,

What are the values for the ES 06-10 that your SuperDOM is showing, because with my Zen-Fire connection I show a high and low of 1170 and 1161.25. These values are provided by Zen-Fire based on the intraday data.

Can you please clarify if those are the same values you have.

Comment

Hi,

What are the values for the ES 06-10 that your SuperDOM is showing, because with my Zen-Fire connection I show a high and low of 1170 and 1161.25. These values are provided by Zen-Fire based on the intraday data.

Can you please clarify if those are the same values you have.
                      The only System i can run 24h per day without restart is an apple Macintosh runing on OS-X. Windows can't do that without greater problems - so Ninjatrader doesn't run 24h per day, too. The High and Low I can see in Super DOM is the High and Low of the first bar when I connect to Zen-Fire... So there are always different values.

Comment

Hi,

What are the values and the instrument you are viewing because I would like to compare them to what I see.

Since Zen-Fire provides only historical minute data it will show highs and lows for a 24 hour period, that may be different if you set the session times on a chart.

Comment

Hi,

What are the values and the instrument you are viewing because I would like to compare them to what I see.

Since Zen-Fire provides only historical minute data it will show highs and lows for a 24 hour period, that may be different if you set the session times on a chart.
                          <rolleyes> Ok, i don't change any setting of session times, because there is a great bug in NT. I trade from germany and all computers use the german time. so, if i want to set the real session time, the real session of the ES begin on sunday 22:30 (21:30 at the moment) and ends on monday 22:15 (21:15 at the moment). So I have to set additionaly the begining day and the ending day of the session - there is no way in NT 6.5.1000.15.
                          For the wrong High and Low in SuperDOM:
                          For example: I start my Thinkpad, start NT and connect to Zen-Fire. Now the High and Low displayed in SuperDOM are from the first few ticks of the data stream. The often differ only a few ticks, no matter if i start early in the morning or a few minutes befor end of session. And this markers don't move with the price. I just tried to repair database, but nothing change....
                          I hope this explanation makes it little bit clearer.... ;-)

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. I have forwarded the issue to development for resolution.

What is occurring is that based on your time zone your SuperDOM is displaying the highs and lows from the previous day, which is why it shows at the beginning of your session, and then does not move.

You could change your PC clock to match market times, and you can try syncing your PC clock if you have not already done so.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post mattbsea  
                            Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes