Setting up daily charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up daily charts

I am aware that Ninja can only handle daily charts using 1440 min., unless something has changed. What I don't understand is how to set it correctly. I am using zen fire, and will have DTN IQ also. So do I disable historical data for zen? Also since DTN uses different symbols formats then amp futures how does one handle that?

Hello dandxg,

Thank you for your post.

1.) NinjaTrader can use daily charts, it's just that Zen-Fire does not offer historical data in daily intervals. For more information about the different types of historical data that each provider offers, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

2.) In your case, you should use the following connection order: DTN.IQ, then Zen-Fire.

This will ensure that all real-time and historical data is coming from DTN.IQ, but will leave you will access to your Zen-Fire account.

For more information about how NinjaTrader uses multiple connections, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...leConnections1

3.) To handle using multiple data providers, NinjaTrader uses a master symbol which contains symbol mapping to each individual provider.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle thanks but I want to connect zen fire for the majority of contracts, in fact all but one the Vix, which I get from DTN IQ. I need real time data from amp, real time from IQ for the vix, and historical for all of the from DTN IQ. How do I do that?

Dan

Comment

Hello Dan,

Please see the link below for more information regarding multiple connections.

Note that NinjaTrader will retrieve real-time data from the first connection. Only when the first connection does not support an instrument type (stock, future, index, forex), it will retrieve real-time data from the second connection.

You would want to disable historical data for the Zen-Fire connection in the connection wizard and use the Zen-Fire - IQFeed connection sequence.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses