Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Remove Market Analyzer Error Dialog

Hi,

I am new to Ninja Trader and have been using for couple of months. I would like to say that I am overall satisfied with NinjaTrader.

Although I would like to point out an irritating behavior of NinjaTrader while using market analyzer module. I wrote few custom indicators and I am trying to scan the market based on those custom indicator using market analyzer. I am using TD Ameritrade as a data provider.

What is happening is that when I start scanning the market and if data provider does not have data for the requested instrument, market analyzer starts showing a dialog box on the middle of the screen showing that some kind of historical backfill error happened. This dialog appears for each and every instrument. This behavior is irritating as each time I have to press "OK" to get rid of that dialog box and there is no other option for user to get rid of that. This behavior distracts me if I am doing something while market analyzer is scanning the market.

Could you please let me know if there is any way out to disable this dialog box? Or could you please remove this dialog box and show just one dialog at the end of scanning?

Regards

Anybody from support care to answer this?

Comment

Hello ksarkar77,

Unfortunately it is not possible to disable this window in the software. The error comes from your data feed informing the instrument most likely is not supported. I suggest to remove the instruments that do not have historical data from the Market Analyzer.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much.

The solution you propose could work, but requires manual work.

Instead why not remove the popup dialog box entirely and show a final dialog box at the end of scan telling user to go to "LOG" tab for details of error occurred?

I am just suggesting a improvement. Can it be implemented in future release?

Regards

Comment

Hello,

I will send this to our development team for consideration. Thanks!
          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes