Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samuelhogg
    replied
    Thank you. I might start a thread to see if anyone can help regarding this if I get no response here.

Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
    Hi samuelhogg,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

Maybe other users can suggest an outside program that will allow you to group windows into one taskbar tab.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ
    replied
    Originally posted by samuelhogg View Post
    I would love to have NT look like this. I could add a tab say for 'ES' and have my chart, dom and T&S all under that tab.
    Showing only one window open at the bottom of screen.
    Hi samuelhogg,

Thank you for your post and suggestion. I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.

Maybe other users can suggest an outside program that will allow you to group windows into one taskbar tab.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• samuelhogg
    replied
    I would love to have NT look like this. I could add a tab say for 'ES' and have my chart, dom and T&S all under that tab.
    Showing only one window open at the bottom of screen.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    You are welcome - thanks for sharing your thoughts, this is on our list to look into.

Leave a comment:

• Tasuki
    replied
    Bertrand,
    Thanks, the shft-F3 does help, but it doesn't allow you to pull up a specific Workspace--looks like you have to tab through all of them to find the one you want. Let me put my two cents in and highly recommend some kind of tabbing for workspaces. True, they do take up CPU time when you're not looking at them, but most of us have powerful computers these days that can handle the extra load.
    Tasuki

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    Tasuki, you can open multiple ones with NT as well but only one is disaplyed as there are no tabs to switch them (which is on our list for future consideration).

To quickly move through open ones, try Shift and F3 together please.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Tasuki, you can open multiple ones with NT as well but only one is disaplyed as there are no tabs to switch them (which is on our list for future consideration).

To quickly move through open ones, try Shift and F3 together please.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Tasuki
    replied
    workspace limitation

Thanks, Ben.
    Not being able to have more than one workspace open at a time is a serious limitation to Ninjatrader. For example, on my Tradestation, I have over a dozen workspaces open simultaneously, each designed around a specific, unique theme. It really helps to keep your charting organized (and therefore keep your mind organized, which is paramount for daytrading). All you do is tab between them and you can easily scan many different market parameters in an efficient way. I truly hope that Ninja will fix this limitation with version 7.
    Tasuki

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ben
    replied
    Hello,

Jason is correct, you can only have DISPLAY at a time, but you can have more than one open in the background.

This link talks about it:

Leave a comment:

• Tasuki
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
    Hello Tasuki,

Unfortunately this is as expected. You can only have one workspace displayed on your monitor(s).

However, you can have workspaces opened in the background. Please see the link below for more information.

Jason,
    The png file that I uploaded shows the top of the page from the link you kindly provided for the helpguide. As you can clearly see, the helpguide says, "You can have multiple workspaces open simultaneously."
    The same helpguide does not mention opening workspaces "in the background."
    Please clear up the confusion for me.
    Thanks,
    Tasuki
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello Tasuki,

Unfortunately this is as expected. You can only have one workspace displayed on your monitor(s).

However, you can have workspaces opened in the background. Please see the link below for more information.

Yes, this is possible. Please make sure NinjaTrader is closed when transferring the files.

However, we recommend to transfer settings using a back up file.
    Create a backup file as per the instructions at the link below.

Once NinjaTrader created a backup file, it is located at My Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup as .ntbk file.

Copy this file to the new PC at the exact same location; My Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

Start NinjaTrader and restore your backup file.

Leave a comment:

• Tasuki
    started a topic simple workspace questions

simple workspace questions

I'm a newbie, so I've got real simple questions.
    1) I can't seem to open more than one workspace at a time. Every time I open a new one, the old one closes. How do I open two or more workspaces at the same time?
    2) I finally found where Ninjatrader hides its workspace files (cleverly in plain sight). Can I take one of these files and copy/paste it to another computer with the same version of Ninja on it?
    3) What about custom indicators? I don't have any yet, but I hope to work on some soon. Are they kept in a file where I can copy/paste them to another computer?
    Thanks, Tasuki

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
7 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Perr0Grande