Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjust stop loss in ATM strategy?

Hello,

I searched the forums and couldn't find any information on this, so hopefully this isn't a repeat post. What I would like to do is create an atm strategy with an arbitrary stop loss value, and then once I enter the trade, adjust the stop loss to whatever place I have in mind. Ideally I would be able to do the same for profit targets as well. Is something like this possible to do, or is the stop loss/profit target locked to the values that you set initially? I can post some pictures if this is unclear at all. Thanks again and I love using NinjaTrader so far

-William

Hello William,

Welcome to our forums.

You can modify stop losses and profit targets after they're placed. If you're using the Superdom or ChartTrader order modification is done with a click once (to pick up) and click again (to place).

You can also turn on single click order modification on the Superdom which will allow you to adjust profit target and stop losses with a single click.

Managing Orders.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thank you, I was trying that before but left clicking while trying to move them was placing limit orders where I didn't want them, so I was a little hesitant. I saw though that you can move the stop loss and profit target from the PRICE column which makes it far safer to do. Thanks again for your help, and greatly appreciate the fast reply.

-William

Comment

Hi William,

Yes, the price column is where you will want to click to adjust profit target and stop loss orders. Glad you got it sorted out.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes