Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot select trendline

Hello,
    I dunno if anyone has this problem or it's just me.
    Basically when I use the trendline tool and I create a vertical trendline (hence I am not using the vertical line tool), I do this when I want to take a measure between two lines or whatever I need, I cannot select it anymore.
    If the line has any slope but 90° (which I guess is the slope of a vertical line) it can be selected, otherwise not...
    Moreover being a person that uses intensively charts, my trading system is based mainly on pitchforks I feel many features I have on Ensign being missing.
    The capability to make a trendline (not a horizontal line) horizontal with a click, being able to have different templates for the same object (being it a trendline, a pitchfork or whatever) and if I am not mistaken there isn't even a parallel line tool...
    Is anyone of these things being fixed in the upcoming Ninja Trader 7?
    I'm willing to buy this software because is one of the few that has some charting potential and that can be bought forever without paying monthly fees all life long, but these issues keep me away from buying it.

As for the possibility to have different templates for different object should be pretty easy to implement as I guess you designed the software in an object oriented way.
    You just have your class Circle, your class Pitchfork etc. and then you will have some properties which are shared amongst the various pitchforks (for example every pitchfork will be created starting from 3 pivots) and other properties which belong to the specific object like: color, which warning lines to show, length (how long the lines have to be) and so on.

Cheers,
    Deviad
    Last edited by Deviad; 02-26-2010, 06:14 AM.

Deviad, welcome to the forums - we'll look into the vertical line issue, saw the same here in a quick test.

For NinjaTrader 7 our Fibonacci tools (Retracements, Extensions and Circles) have gotten a template option for quick access of predefined settings and styles -

For parallel lines, just copy the trendline and then paste it in again, it will be a parallel one...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Deviad, welcome to the forums - we'll look into the vertical line issue, saw the same here in a quick test.

For NinjaTrader 7 our Fibonacci tools (Retracements, Extensions and Circles) have gotten a template option for quick access of predefined settings and styles -

For parallel lines, just copy the trendline and then paste it in again, it will be a parallel one...
      Yeah, that option would allow me to have equidistant parallel lines without taking a piece of a line to measure the distance between two lines... I need that to plot action - reaction lines.
      Last edited by Deviad; 02-26-2010, 06:10 AM.

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 would offer a ruler tool as well to measure swings in the market.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, I'll be waiting version 7 before buying then. :P

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh  
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM