Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical daily data

Hello,

im using Mirus as an intraday feed, however when i open a daily chart i only get one candle that shows current day and no history. Can u help me what i need to do in order to get historical daily data?

Thanks

Hello bagzi,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately Zen-Fire does not provide historical daily data. One thing you can do is when setting up your chart within the interval setting you can use a 1440 minute chart to simulate daily bars.

I have provided a link below to the data providers supported by NinjaTrader. This page will go over the types of data they offer as well as the instruments they support.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, i also have Ameritrade acc, so i guess i could connect it to that if YAHOO. Would that slow down my platform more than if i only use one connection? I had a problem before with my platform frozing so i would like minumum PCU usage.

Thanks

Comment

Hi bagzi,

Keep in mind TD Ameritrade only provides Equitie and Index data and Yahoo only provides EOD Daily data for Equities.

I have also provided a link below to our Connection Guide to assist with creating your connection after reinstallation.

CPU usage will definitely increase with more charts that are open and active and more data that is being requested.

Performance Tips

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How Long Has This Been Going on - Like, what, Forever???

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Hello bagzi,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately Zen-Fire does not provide historical daily data. One thing you can do is when setting up your chart within the interval setting you can use a 1440 minute chart to simulate daily bars.

I have provided a link below to the data providers supported by NinjaTrader. This page will go over the types of data they offer as well as the instruments they support.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data

I just signed up with another vendor to get historical charts. It's amazing to me that Ninja has not been all over Zen-Fire, like a pitbull on a poodle, to get with it and provide historical data. Either that or Ninja should look for other partners who will do what Zen does but also provide historical data.

When I talked to Zen, they told me that the issue was with Ninja and that Ninja has not made an issue of the lack of historical data... So Ninja MAKE IT AN ISSUE...

Comment

Thanks for replying guys, i would love to see it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny
              Agree! It's unbelievable there is something available but the blockage is NT. Daily data from Zenfire will alleviate so many of the indicator problems, namely pivots.
              To me, this is an unacceptable situation, and I find it a little disconcerting that none of the Ninja team has chimed in on this. This problem has been going on much to long.

NT positions itself (along with ZenFire) as a professional level trading platform, given the kluge that we have to go through (1440 min charts) I have to take exception. I would love to have one platform that meets my needs, but when something so basic, as having the ability to see daily or weekly historical charts, goes missing it is frustrating in the extreme.

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but the Ninja team MUST know that this is a problem and causes users to smile just a little when we see the daily emails regarding all of the new partners coming on board, again leading to the positioning that NT is a one stop pro trading platform.

Can anyone tell me if this hole is fixed in NT 7 and if it's not, why not?

Also, Is there a way to poll the NT community about this to see if the views expressed on this thread are wide spread. If this is a source of pain and frustration for most of us, is there a way that our combined voices can some how get the attention of the NT team to do something positive about this once and for all. After all if Genesis TradeNavigator and OpenECry can provide historical charts, certainly NT can.
              Last edited by dmking; 02-28-2010, 10:41 PM. Reason: need to add a point.

Comment

So, Here's the problem with ZenFire

I sent ZenFire and Email regarding the lack of daily historical data:
                ----- Original Message -----
                To: [email protected]
                Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:13 PM
                Subject: Why is there no Historical Data so That We Can Create Real Historical Daily Charts

Attached is a Ninja Trader response to a question regarding the availability of historical data.

The following is a link provided by NT regarding Historical Data for the creation of daily charts:

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

I don't see how you can promote yourselves as a Pro Level provider by not giving your users the ability to create real daily historical charts without resorting to the "unnatural act" of tricking the program by specifying 1440 minute charts.

I don't see why Genesis TradeNavigator/PFG or OpenECry can do this and you can't. I think that a provider who promotes themselves as being one of the best in the business has to do better at the most basic and fundamental issues. With the cost of hardware being at the commodity level, I can't believe that storage would be the issue.

And their response:
                On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Zen-Fire <[email protected]> wrote:
                When using NinjaTrader, the real-time data is from ZF and the historical data is from a database where Ninja stores that data. NinjaTrader v7 correctst the problem of dispaly issues such as the minute/day issue you describe.

I would suggest you stay with OpenEcry or PFG. The service we provide is not geared toward your trading needs.

So this is the classic case of NinjaTrader pointing the finger at Zenfire, and ZenFire pointing the finger back at NT, with no one being acccountable. I was a VP of Product Management/Marketing for a Fortune 50 company. I would have somebody's head if this came to my attention. The name of the game is customer satisfaction.

Comment

Historical daily data for Zen-Fire is supported with NT7.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    Historical daily data for Zen-Fire is supported with NT7.
                    At Last... Thanks Ray.

Is there an ETA for 7?

Comment

Hi,

No official release date yet.

See here for the latest status update:
                      Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
                        Hi,

No official release date yet.

See here for the latest status update: