Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about NinjaTrader fees

Hello,

I'm getting ready to switch to live trading pretty soon, and just wanted some clarification on any fees I should expect. I currently use NinjaTrader with an external feed connected to Tradestation. With that said, is this what I should expect to pay?

- Monthly cost of running Tradestation (TS fee)

-Commision per trade on tradestation (TS fee)

-Transaction fee for using static/dynamic superdom (NT fee) http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/tr...settlement.htm

-either leasing or buying NT platform (NT fee)

The reason I ask is because I wasn't sure if a transaction fee for using the superdom is the same as a commission in TS. Does that mean that I pay 2 commissions (1 in TS and 1 in NT) whenever I enter a trade? Also with equity trading, the cost per share is $0.001 correct? is there a minimum charge for placing a trade?(so if I place a trade for 12 shares, should I expect to pay a transaction fee of $0.012, or is there a minimum price for transactions?) Thank you, and love your software.

-William

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

There are only two considerations when trading with NinjaTrader. Purchase or lease of the platform and paying licensing fees to TT for use of the static superDOM. Any other trading fees are dictated by the broker you trade through.

TradeStation can be used with NinjaTrader in the following ways:
    • As a real-time data source to drive NinjaTrader as a trade simulator (More Information)
    • As a provider of historical data to drive NinjaTrader's charting or system/indicator development (via text file import)
    • As a middle man application to process trading signals generated from Easy Language strategies to any of the 100's of supported NinjaTrader brokerages (More Information)
    Unfortunately TradeStation does not provide a public API that would allow a product like NinjaTrader to route orders to their brokerage. At this time, only TradeStation software can send orders to its brokerage. However, NinjaTrader can be used with hundreds of brokers worldwide for futures, forex and equities trading with commission rates at or better than TradeStation.

Supported Brokers:

Purchase or Lease NinjaTrader:

TT Settlement Fees:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi,

So if I'm understanding you correctly; I can not use Ninja Trader when placing live trades with Tradestation. I have to work with a different broker? If that is true, there doesn't seem to be much point in including Tradestation as an external feed.

Thanks

Comment

You are correct in your understanding.

This was designed to allow people that developed automated strategies in tradestation to execute there trades to another broker, instead of being forced to use tradestations broker only.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Do you know if the price of a stock will match between two different brokers? If I'm looking at a stock in Tradestation that says $118.00, should the other broker also display $118.00 for the same stock? This is the setup I would probably do if they did...

- Have tradestation open but not connected to NinjaTrader and evaluate the stocks I trade from there, using the indicators that I've assigned to the charts.

-Have NinjaTrader open and connected to the second broker through the external data feed.

-When I see a setup for a buy/sell signal in Tradestation, I would place my order in NinjaTrader which would then get sent to the second broker.

Hopefully that makes sense, the reason I would like to do this is because I've got a lot of custom indicators that I use in Tradestation that I don't know how to recreate in NinjaTrader. As long as the prices between brokers match this might work for me.

Comment

Yes this is possible. There can be small inconsistencies from different data feed providers but they should all be largely the same.

How NinjaTrader build bars:

Comment

Ok I think I understand my options for the most part now. You don't happen to know if live trading with just tradestation and NinjaTrader alone will be supported in the future by any chance? In any case you've been a great help and I really appreciate the fast responses.

-William

Comment

This is not included in the list of features for the next version of NinjaTrader. This is something that is blocked by TradeStation and not us. Glad I could be of assistance.

NinjaTrader 7 is in the later stages of beta testing is scheduled to be released soon. There is no release date for NinjaTrader 7 yet. Please visit the below link for information on NinjaTrader 7 features and release information:

Comment

hello back again,

I think what I want to do is to go with Interactive Brokers and have that work with NinjaTrader (So Tradestation is no longer involved in any of this). Couple of questions though....

- When you are connected to Interactive Brokers, will the charts update for the times that you are not online (so market opens 6:30am, but I log on at 7:00am, will I get data for the half hour I wasn't online? Do I have to manually download the half hour, or is this done for me automatically?). With Tradestation bars were only getting generated for the time I was online.

-can you do live trading with interactive brokers and not just simulated like it is with Tradestation?

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

With IB you will get all available data that they support with NT, which will include the data before you log on.

Yes, you can trade live with IB if you purchase a live license:
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I was reading through the information regarding TT fees for the SuperDOM found on this page http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/tr...settlement.htm and saw that it specifies only the static SuperDOM "These fees are ONLY applicable to NinjaTrader products that utilize the static SuperDOM trading screen". Does this mean that If I use the Dynamic SuperDOM I don't have to pay this fee?

One other question also. If I place a trade using an ATM strategy that has three profit targets, would a broker like Interactive Brokers view that as three separate OCO orders that would charge me commissions on each? Thank you
                      Last edited by wjhamilton; 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Yes this is correct as the Dynamic superDOM has no licensing fees associated with it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                        15 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                        Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse