Fractals indicator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fractals indicator.

Hello, I am attempting to include on my strategy a Fractals indicator.

Since Ninja Trader does not have such a indicator by default, I have had to import it. And right now I can visualize it on any chart successfully.

But, now I would like to have some examples on how to code it onto the strategy (because I can not find any help about it), in order to get all the values that this indicator provide me, in real time.

Thanks.

Hello,

I can't help with the specific indicator because it is custom. However I do know the indicator does likely redraw the past so I it may be challenging to use in an indicator. The method for referencing any indicator, custom or not, is the same: MyIndy(myinputs)[myindex]

Maybe post what you are doing and we can help.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fractals indicator.

Ok, then. I will try in the way you are telling me.
      If I continue having problems, I will post again informing about the specific application.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
        Hello,

I can't help with the specific indicator because it is custom. However I do know the indicator does likely redraw the past so I it may be challenging to use in an indicator. The method for referencing any indicator, custom or not, is the same: MyIndy(myinputs)[myindex]

Maybe post what you are doing and we can help.
        I have a question on using indicators in strategies....

If the indicator you use is a "real time only" indicator (i.e. uses OnMarketData etc), does referencing the indicator work?

For example a Market Profile type indicator is constantly calculating until next bar is created, so if I reference RealTimeIndicator(10)[0], does NT already load the real time indicator to do this???

Comment

dnoff,

If it is a real-time only indicator it will only carry real-time values. Loading it historical will carry no values and be relatively useless even when called from a strategy.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            dnoff,

If it is a real-time only indicator it will only carry real-time values. Loading it historical will carry no values and be relatively useless even when called from a strategy.
            Thanks for the reply. I am fine (relatively speaking) with it not working on historical data. I guess my question was more around whether or not I need to essentially include all the logic for a real time indicator directly into the strategy OnBarUpdate and OnMarketData methods and tracking values directly with the strategy via an internal data series, or whether just using a reference to the real time indicator (and its data series) is enough???? i.e. will just referencing it essentially "load it" and start it calculating???

Comment

If you want to load the indicator you should just Add() it to the strategy.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
              10 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes