• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Replay issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay issues

I have a demo version of Ninja running on one computer. I downloaded some market replay files from a website. Now my replay function does not work. When I attempt to start replay nothing happens and I see no dates as well. Any ideas what may have happened.

I have a live version of Ninja on another computer. I continue to have market replay issues. I have charts open and everything live in market replay, yet when i attempt to find these files they are not there in Market Replay. And yes, I have the market replay selected in the data tab.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Hello,

>>My notes are below...
    I have a demo version of Ninja running on one computer. I downloaded some market replay files from a website. Now my replay function does not work. When I attempt to start replay nothing happens and I see no dates as well. Any ideas what may have happened.
    >>Are you selecting the instrument that was recorded? Maybe the replay data is corrupted. Can you record new data and replay it?:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview14.html

I have a live version of Ninja on another computer. I continue to have market replay issues. I have charts open and everything live in market replay, yet when i attempt to find these files they are not there in Market Replay. And yes, I have the market replay selected in the data tab.
    >>What do you want to do? The data can be found in Documents>Ninjatrader 6.5> db> data and pick a folder.
    BenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben: Thanks for responding. I will see if I can record in the demo account tomorrow.

In the live ninja account, yes, I see that the files are in the db\data folder. They are listed as NT2 files. Is this accurate? How do I get the files to show up in the market replay instrument list when I connect to that date? The only file that is showing up as available is a stock that is listed as a .ntm file.

The futures contracts that are listed as .nt2 files are not showing as available.

Thanks, Tom
      Last edited by Kiddkline; 02-28-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Hello,

The only file that is showing up as available is a stock that is listed as a .ntm file.
        >>Everything has to be an .ntm file to work properly.

Comment

Then how or why are they being saved as the nt2 files? What do I need to do!!

Comment

Hello,

I can't really help you with this: "I downloaded some market replay files from a website."

I can help you with recorded data though...

Comment

Ben: If you had read my posts carefully, you would have seen that the "download from a website" was on a demo account on another computer and not my live Ninja trading account where I continue to have replay issues and have never downloaded anything from another website.

Why is Ninja saving some files as NT2? How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks, Tom

Comment

Hello Tom,

.ntm is Level I data, .nt2 is Level II data.

If you like to prevent Level II data from being recorded, please ensure you do not receive any Level II data in a NinjaTrader window when you receive real-time data.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seagraph, Today, 03:27 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seagraph  
                Started by dedouglas, Today, 02:54 PM
                1 response
                0 likes