Market Replay issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay issues

I have a demo version of Ninja running on one computer. I downloaded some market replay files from a website. Now my replay function does not work. When I attempt to start replay nothing happens and I see no dates as well. Any ideas what may have happened.

I have a live version of Ninja on another computer. I continue to have market replay issues. I have charts open and everything live in market replay, yet when i attempt to find these files they are not there in Market Replay. And yes, I have the market replay selected in the data tab.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Hello,

>>My notes are below...
    I have a demo version of Ninja running on one computer. I downloaded some market replay files from a website. Now my replay function does not work. When I attempt to start replay nothing happens and I see no dates as well. Any ideas what may have happened.
    >>Are you selecting the instrument that was recorded? Maybe the replay data is corrupted. Can you record new data and replay it?:

I have a live version of Ninja on another computer. I continue to have market replay issues. I have charts open and everything live in market replay, yet when i attempt to find these files they are not there in Market Replay. And yes, I have the market replay selected in the data tab.
    >>What do you want to do? The data can be found in Documents>Ninjatrader 6.5> db> data and pick a folder.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ben: Thanks for responding. I will see if I can record in the demo account tomorrow.

In the live ninja account, yes, I see that the files are in the db\data folder. They are listed as NT2 files. Is this accurate? How do I get the files to show up in the market replay instrument list when I connect to that date? The only file that is showing up as available is a stock that is listed as a .ntm file.

The futures contracts that are listed as .nt2 files are not showing as available.

Thanks, Tom
      Last edited by Kiddkline; 02-28-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Hello,

The only file that is showing up as available is a stock that is listed as a .ntm file.
        >>Everything has to be an .ntm file to work properly.

Comment

Then how or why are they being saved as the nt2 files? What do I need to do!!

Comment

Hello,

I can't really help you with this: "I downloaded some market replay files from a website."

I can help you with recorded data though...

Comment

Ben: If you had read my posts carefully, you would have seen that the "download from a website" was on a demo account on another computer and not my live Ninja trading account where I continue to have replay issues and have never downloaded anything from another website.

Why is Ninja saving some files as NT2? How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks, Tom

Comment

Hello Tom,

.ntm is Level I data, .nt2 is Level II data.

If you like to prevent Level II data from being recorded, please ensure you do not receive any Level II data in a NinjaTrader window when you receive real-time data.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses