Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy using MACD12,26,9 and RSI 30,1

Hi there,

I've been trying to create a strategy that takes a long trade when the fast macd ma 12 crosses above the slowmacd ma 26 on a 1 minute chart, only while the rsi 30 period is above 50 on the 5 minute charts.

And viseversa: goes short on the fast crossing below the slow on the 1 minute chart only while the rsi 30 period is bellow 50 value on a 5 minute chart.

Is this possible? can someone tell me the script so i can copy and paste or possible the while so i can import it in?

Thanks so much!

Richard

Hi rhopkins90,

Thank you for your post.

This is certainly possible and would require custom coding.

Please review the following sample which details the necessary procedures, including a sample code.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there, thats good news that this is possible, and thank you for the speedy reply

However im no good with coding apparently, and I thought I'd be able to figure out how to set up a strategy especially after watching a couple tutorials but it tells me my code is full of errors that I have no idea how to fix.

Is there anywhere that I would be able to find a script like this that I could simply copy and paste the code?

Comment

Hi rhopkins90,

You can search the forum for similar posts, and the sample code I sent earlier is very similar as well.

You can also contact one of our NinjaScript consultants.

Unfortunately, we do not provide custom program writing. However, if you paste the section of the code that is giving you errors here, I may be able to get you on the right track.
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi again i am now having a problem importing scripts i go to file utilities and then import and the error message that pops up is "you have custom ninjascripts on your pc that have programming error. these errors must be resolved before you can import a ninjascript arcive file"

this same error message keeps poping up when i try to do anything involving strategies now and i cannot figure out how to delete these files with the errors

Comment

rhopkins90,

Bring up the NinjaScript Editor and then press F5 to compile the whole assembly. It doesn't matter which file you open as when you compile it compiles everything. You will then see a list of errors. Those errors need to be addressed first before you can proceed.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post traderqz  
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes