Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help selecting a broker/data provider for NinjaTrader

Hello,

I'm trying to select a broker for NinjaTrader and I get the impression that people are generally happy with Interactive Brokers as a broker, but not as a data provider. I also see that people tend to like iqfeed as a data provider. That being the case, I was wondering if it was possible to have ninja trader set up where you get data coming in from iqfeed, put place your trades through Interactive brokers.

I primarily want to trade stocks and would like to have good data that provides tick/minute/daily + goes back at least a few years, and thought that if it works iqfeed and interactive brokers would be a good option. For anyone who is currently trading stocks however, I would really appreciate anything you can say with your experience with your broker/data provider, especially if you have your broker separate from your data provider.

Hello wjhamilton,

Thank you for your post.

It is absolutely possible to connect to IQFeed for data, and trade an Interactive Brokers. You will want to connect to IQFeed first for access to their data, and then IB for the account. Please see the following link.

As for the experience of doing this I will leave to our users, but below is a link for getting started with IQFeed.

IQFeed offers a 7-day free trial for NinjaTrader users.
    https://www.iqfeed.net/ninjatrader/index.cfm?displayaction=start&promo=1717496
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Tim-c
    by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
    0 responses