Charting issues with Windows 7 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting issues with Windows 7 64 bit

I have no problem running NT on win 7 64 bit except one strange problem. I can't add a symbol to the instrument list. The symbol is ^VIX from DTN IQ. I can add the symbol to the instrument list on windows xp and it shows up in the list after it is added but not on win 7? Doesn't make sense since the charts are working fine. I went step by step to error check and the only difference I can find is win 7? Please help. This is a real problem because I have a paid indicator for NT that is tied to the win 7 install. Thanks

Dan

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your note.

I see that you are running NinjaTrader on a 64 bit operating system. Unfortunately, this is not supported with the current version of NinjaTrader.
    While we will begin to support 64 bit operating systems in the next version of NinjaTrader, I cannot be of further assistance on this setup as it does not meet our minimum system requirements.

We will begin to officially support 64 bit operating systems in NinjaTrader 7. The beta program for NinjaTrader 7 is currently closed, but if you would send a note to Sales [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with the following, we can make sure you are added to the list of parties interested in participating in future beta releases.
    - Full name and country of residence
    - If you are a paying user, your license key (Help > License Key)
    - How long you have been using NinjaTrader for
    - Any past experience beta testing NinjaTrader
    - Any comments you would like to add
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle, thanks for the post. Strange thing when I downloaded NT7 beta 10 to Win 7 64 bit it would only allow me to add the vix manually to the NT7 64 bit version not 32 bit? Can you explain why?

Comment

dandxg,

Should work the same regardless of instrument. You need to add it via the Instrument Manager first.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post AveryFlynn  
        Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes