Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multi Chart Windows

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Multi Chart Windows

    I am new to NT and coming from Tradestation. How do you create mixed charts in NT? By "mixed" I don't mean multi-instrument, which I see will be part of NT 7, but I mean one overall chart window with sub-windows in it. For example, I like to look at market internals all together. 4 windows each with its own instrument on 1/4 of the screen that all come up with one mouse click, not 4 clicks.

    #2
    Hello tradetree,

    Thank you for your post.

    Unfortunately, this is not possible in the current version of NinjaTrader.

    This will be possible in version 7, however.

    For more information about NinjaTrader 7, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      NT Features

      Where is the best place to ask other questions about the NT platform features? I have attended several webinars and like NT for futures trading, but I'm not so sure for stock trading. Here are some things TS has:
      1) Option station search for finding option pairs (ie straddles, spreads).
      2) Option analysis for finding options on an instrument.
      3) Scanners for % gainers/losers.

      Thanks.

      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello tradetree,

      Thank you for your post.

      Unfortunately, this is not possible in the current version of NinjaTrader.

      This will be possible in version 7, however.

      For more information about NinjaTrader 7, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Tradetree,

        Thank you for your reply.

        Those questions can be asked on the forum or sent via email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

        1 / 2.) Unfortunately, options are not currently supported. This is, however, on my development team's list of considerations for the software.

        3.) The market analyzer could be used for this purpose, although some additional configuration would be required.

        For more information about the Market Analyzer, please see the section of our Help Guide that begins at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview38.html
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          4 charts etc on one screen

          tradetree

          In order to change between many charts you can of course set them up with many charts on different workspaces (screens) and then use Shift F3 to quickly change "screens".

          Comment


            #6
            Wow, this is surprising! Think of the large market share for stock and options traders that you are missing. I guess that is why it took so long for me to find out about Ninja, it really is just a futures platform. Even straight stock investors need to have access to options to protect positions. I guess I'll stick with Tradestation for stock investing.

            What is such a surprise is to think that NT has 95% of what is needed for a stock platform and yet you are reducing your market share by more than 50%. It seams like a no brainer that you would put in 5% effort to gain access to another 50% of a market.

            Please pass this feeback to your marketing team. I am one of the few people who speak up, but there are thousands who see that NT is just for futures and move on. I'm still a user of NT for futures, but instead of a multi-broker license I will stay with a single broker license.

            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hi Tradetree,

            Thank you for your reply.

            Those questions can be asked on the forum or sent via email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

            1 / 2.) Unfortunately, options are not currently supported. This is, however, on my development team's list of considerations for the software.

            3.) The market analyzer could be used for this purpose, although some additional configuration would be required.

            For more information about the Market Analyzer, please see the section of our Help Guide that begins at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview38.html

            Comment


              #7
              Hello Tradetree:

              Thank you for your interest in options trading with NinjaTrader and providing your feedback to us!

              NinjaTrader will likely add options trading in the future since we do see it as a complimentary addition to the other items we support which include Futures, Forex and Equities. We traditionally have been very strong in Futures trading as you have stated but you might be surprised to learn that we also have a large user base of Forex and Equities traders.

              Specific to equities traders, I think many of them may utilize their brokers to place protective puts and calls to protect their equities positions since in most cases the timing of the options orders are not as critical as the actual equities trades. This is an assumption on my part but you point is understood that NinjaTrader would be even better if it supported options too.

              Thank you again for taking the time to provide your input.

              Sincerely,

              John
              VP of Sales and Marketing

              Comment


                #8
                Well it is good to hear NT is used for equities. I use options as stock replacement in IRA accounts. This gives me leverage like futures. So I had not only expected to use strategies for equities in NT, but strategies for options in NT. What I really plan to do is to run my algorithms to create buy/sell signals on the underlying stock, but auto-trade the options. It is no good to run an algorithm on option prices due to the bid/ask spread.

                I currently use TS to generate my buy/sell signals on equities, and then I place option orders manually. I guess it is possible I could use NT for my strategies, and then use TWS for Interactive Brokers to place option trades manually. But this is not my ultimate goal.

                Anyway, the point is to mention that when NT integrates option support into the platform, please make sure you can place an option trade from a strategy, even if the instrument the strategy is running on is the underlying stock and not the option. Hope that is clear.


                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_John View Post
                Hello Tradetree:

                Thank you for your interest in options trading with NinjaTrader and providing your feedback to us!

                NinjaTrader will likely add options trading in the future since we do see it as a complimentary addition to the other items we support which include Futures, Forex and Equities. We traditionally have been very strong in Futures trading as you have stated but you might be surprised to learn that we also have a large user base of Forex and Equities traders.

                Specific to equities traders, I think many of them may utilize their brokers to place protective puts and calls to protect their equities positions since in most cases the timing of the options orders are not as critical as the actual equities trades. This is an assumption on my part but you point is understood that NinjaTrader would be even better if it supported options too.

                Thank you again for taking the time to provide your input.

                Sincerely,

                John
                VP of Sales and Marketing

                Comment

                Latest Posts

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Renorail, Today, 01:38 PM
                1 response
                6 views
                0 likes
                Last Post Renorail  
                Started by BrianARice, Today, 01:16 PM
                0 responses
                5 views
                0 likes
                Last Post BrianARice  
                Started by Ousher, Today, 09:08 AM
                0 responses
                6 views
                0 likes
                Last Post Ousher
                by Ousher
                 
                Started by Unsuitable, Today, 08:41 AM
                0 responses
                14 views
                0 likes
                Last Post Unsuitable  
                Started by newdill, Today, 07:54 AM
                0 responses
                8 views
                0 likes
                Last Post newdill
                by newdill
                 
                Working...
                X