Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple accounts - one broker

Hi all,
    I'm trading through BD8 platform on 4 different accounts at PFGBest.
    Now I got a license key to interface with this broker from NT, it is a simple license key, not multibroker, my question is if I can set-up the connection to reach all my accounts simultaneously or if only one can be chosen.
    Furthermore on BD8 I have a MasterLogin Key where I simply login and then can chose on which account I can place my trades from a drop-down menu, maybe I can setup NT with the MasterLogin instead of the single account?
    I'm asking here first before contacting PFG because it may be a known issue.
    Thanks, bye
    Smodato

Hello smodato,

Unfortunately you can only connect to 1 PFG connection at a time.

If you have a PFG connection that access all accounts, I suggest to create it in NinjaTrader as per the instructions below if possible.

Check if you can select all accounts.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      I got in touch with PFG for further details and I can say that it is not possible to login with the master login and find the different accounts. I also got the info that no way I can access all the accounts neither using a multibroker license.
      Do you see any workaround for this? I think that it is not possible to run different NT instances on different computers each connected to a different account , at least not with the same license key, is it?
      Thanks, bye
      Smodato

Comment

Hello Smodato,

You would need a single license key for each PC. Unfortunately I do not see any other workaround.

Comment

Hi, with the new NT7 I tried to trade on this multiple account login as it was claimed to be solved. As I said NT sees all the accounts.
          When I started the strategies (still all on one account only) it had no problem but at the time of placing orders, the orders were sent and I saw them correctly placed on the platform, it was NT ahving difficulties anyway in getting the status and the orders were shown there as "pending" while they were actually correctly working. So I tried to place a manual order on another account and this was shown as working but on the master account. To better explain:
          I have a master account BXXXX under which I trade 4 accounts A1, A2, A3 and A4
          orders placed authomatically on A1 are correctly at market but NT says they are "pending"
          orders placed manually on A2 are shown working by NT but not referring to A2 but to BXXXX.
          Is this something to be discussed with PFG or can you face the problem on your side?
          Thanks, bye
          Smodato

Comment

Hello smodato,

Can you please tell me who claimed you can trade on a multiple account PFG login. I have not seen similar setups so far - multiple accounts with PFG under one login connection.

However it seems this is not supported, since orders are not processed as expected. I suggest to check with PFG as well if such a setup is supported.

Comment

Hi,
              on this page : http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
              more or less at the bottom, I read:
              PFGBEST.com Adapter
              - Added support for block accounts

I thought this would do what I needed, maybe I misunderstood that message, what shoudl it mean exactly?
              Thanks, bye
              Smodato

Comment

Hello smodato,

I will need to send an email to PFG for clarification regarding such a setup.

Can you please confirm your PFG account is a block account. Unfortunately other accounts than a 'block' account will not work.

In addition, could you tell me your name so I can inform PFG of which person I am working with.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post

In addition, could you tell me your name so I can inform PFG of which person I am working with.
                  Jason, I sent you my info in a private message.
                  Bye
                  Smodato

Comment

Hello Smodato,

Thank you for sending the private email. Our Development team is discussing your case with PFG.

We need to know if you setup 'Block ID (optional)' in the PFG connection wizard. Can you please go to Tools-->Account Connections, highlight the PFG connection and click Change. Check if you have a value entered for 'Block ID' and let me know.

Comment

HI, I checked and I have no value entered for the "Block ID" field, actually I had no idea what eventually to enter.
                      Thanks, bye
                      Smodato

Comment

Hello smodato,

I have been informed by PFG that they contacted you for clarification on using master/sub accounts.

Please let me know if you require any additional asisstance.

Comment

Hi Jason, I spoke to pfg and they clarified what is exactly meant with "Block accounts", unfortunately it is not what I needed but it explains why I have problems, my setup is in fact not supported by the system.
                          Thanks for your assistance.
                          Bye
                          Smodato

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post PaulMohn  
                          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM