Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy/Sell Stop on DOM

Hi,

I am using NT on a mac via VMWare Fusion.... Instructions say to use the middle mouse button to enter a buy/sell stop... I have track pad, and no buttons... Is there a way to configure how to enter this type of order?

Also, on the DOM, is there a way to change the location of the buy and sell columns? I like having BUY on the right and SELL on the left....

Thanks!

Karim, unfortunately this is not supported - also you would need a middle mouse button to enter either Stop or StopLimit orders on the DOM's.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is what I suggested here:

I mean it is just a simple property...

Comment

How to enter stop orders without middle mouse button?

I am running a second installation of NT on my Notebook. The OS is Vista. My Vista installation reservers the middle mouse button to toggle between different applications.

The middle mouse button will therefore reduce NinjaTrader to the task bar, but cannot be used to enter any stop orders.

How can I enter stop orders in NT under Vista then?

Comment

You would need to change the Vista assignment for the middle mouse button then, it needs to be a click event - for example on my Logitech mouse this is done via their SetPoint software...

Comment

Thanks Bertrand for your help. Reconfiguring SetPoint did the trick.

Comment

Changing the mouse buttons only for NT is somewhat lame in my opinion. Should really be configurable in NT...

Comment

Agree, should be possible to enter stop loss without the mouse.

Originally posted by symphys View Post
                Changing the mouse buttons only for NT is somewhat lame in my opinion. Should really be configurable in NT...

Comment

Hi Harry and symphys,

Thank you for your reply.

It will be possible to enter orders through hot keys in NinjaTrader 7. Perhaps this would fit your needs.

In any case, I will forward your comments on to my development team for further consideration.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                    You would need to change the Vista assignment for the middle mouse button then, it needs to be a click event - for example on my Logitech mouse this is done via their SetPoint software...
                    Change it to what? I have an MS Intellimouse, and I had configured the middle button to be a double-click. Every time I pressed the middle button, it would create a limit order, no matter what. I reset the mouse to the default, and I still get the middle button creating limit orders. Is there a specific assignment needed for the middle button? If so, what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                      Change it to what? I have an MS Intellimouse, and I had configured the middle button to be a double-click. Every time I pressed the middle button, it would create a limit order, no matter what. I reset the mouse to the default, and I still get the middle button creating limit orders. Is there a specific assignment needed for the middle button? If so, what is it?
                      Please right click in the SuperDOM to enter its properties, then toggle the 'Middle mouse button is StopMarket' property as needed for your trading.

Comment

For the edification of us all, even NT_Bertrand's instructions did not resolve the matter UNTIL the middle-click button was set to "Autoscroll" or "Middle-click". "Middle-click"? I kind of find that one amusing.

In other words, with the MS Intellimouse, the default action for clicking the middle button is actually "Instant Viewer" and it overrides everything and creates a fullscreen thumbnail display of all your open windows.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Waxavi
                        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes