Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart data not being recorded

Issue from user:
    1) Chart setting exclude weekend is set to "false" in all my charts, and it only says whether you want data to be plotted during weekend. The data is still being collected even if exclude week is set to "true". The problem is data is not being saved.

2) To reproduce: Run NT with IB during Sunday evening, and turn on diagnostic tab/database, you will not see any data being saved until after 12am monday morning. You can also look at NinjaTrader.mbd file's timestamp, it will not be updated every min like during regular trading hour.
    Finally, you close NT and restart it, and see if any tdata collected before you close is still there.

So to double check:
    - you have the option Tools->Options->Data->Store real-time bar data checked
    - on Sunday night you connect to IB
    - I suppose this a demo account and not a live account, since you can not connect to a live account over the weekend. Note: NT does not support IB paper trade account
    - you pull up a 1 minute chart for e.g. ES 09-07 and see data coming in on the chart
    - you leave it running for e.g. 15 mins and then terminate NT
    - as you then restart NT and pull up a chart on 1 minute ES 09-07 (without connecting to IB) you do not (!) see any data recorded previously

Is my understanding correct?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes