TrailStop on Market if Touched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrailStop on Market if Touched

I have a strategy which enters the market with market order and has target limit order and stop loss order. I want to enter a trailing stop order and cancel stop loss order if profit touched 18 ticks.
    Is it something to possible to do in NT both for backtests? In live I can use tick updates but for backtests the logic needs to be built using MFE.

Hmm, I guess you MFE should read MIT, correct? Those orders are unfortunately not supported by NT.

For stoploss trailing aspect, you could code this out yourself with the concept demonstrated here -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I meant MFE. So during backtest you track mfe and exit poistion at certain offset below MFE instead of bar close price. Like you do for SetTrailStop but only difference is that TrailStop should trigger after Pnl touches x points.

I have implemented this strategy in live using tickupdate just need to set it up for backtests.

Comment

Unfortunately backtesting just doesn't have tick granularity. I am not sure how you actually have the logic programmed though.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same as SetTrailStop but the only difference is trailstop will activate only after MFE crossed above certain level.

Comment

To simulate this is backtesting, you would need to work then with lower granular data (fast tickcharts) and then simulate your higher time frame conditions on this chart as a replacement for the unknown intrabar tick formation of your higher frame.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post George21  
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes