Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing old custom dll files

Support,

I installed nt 6.5 on a computer and restored the database (only indicators) from older computer. When I start NT, it works fine, but I see in the trace file, it is trying to load 3rd party dll files from the directory:

C:\Users\admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\

I am not using these 3rd party dll files, and I have tried the trial of them on the older computer in the past. Now, from my current new system is there anyway to make NT not to load these files and anyway to cleanly remove these 3rd party .dll files?

Thanks
    PatientTrader

Hello PatientTrader,

You may be able to remove this by clicking File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript assembly.

You can also ensure that you have a clean installation by manually deleting the 'My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5' folder once you have uninstalled from the control panel.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Support.

I removed them using " File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript assembly".
      and then restarted NT 6.5

I noticed that after restart and when I open a chart like Es 5 min chart and then when I add any indicator like for example the, "Vol" indicator, I notice, the NT log file generates error thrown by another indicator. Not sure, why NT tries to process other indicator files,while loading a default indicator like Vol or any other default indicator.

Does NT 6.5, try to like process all script files, when loading even one indicator?

Also in NT startup log here, what does NT do in custom.dll files? As I already removed using 3rd party dll files using " File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript assembly"

=========
      2010-03-07 17:34:46:533 Loading server side config file...
      2010-03-07 17:34:46:861 Clearing C:\Users\admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Tmp...
      2010-03-07 17:34:46:861 Loading C:\Users\admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.dll...
      2010-03-07 17:34:46:954 Loading C:\Users\admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll...
      2010-03-07 17:34:46:954 Creating user defined methods files...

===============

Does NT load any of its own custom files, in the Custom.dll ? Trying to minimize and remove all 3rd party files.

Thanks
      Patienttrader

Comment

The Initialize() method is called for all indicators when you apply any indicator. This is why you might see errors in other indicators when adding a system indicator.

The custom.dll file is one of NinjaTrader's reference dlls. This is not a 3rd-party file.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes