removing a custom indicator with programming errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing a custom indicator with programming errors

I'm trying to remove a custom indicator with programming errors. I've deleted its dll from My Documents\NT6.5\bin\Custom and I've deleted the indicator from My Documents\NT6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator.

However it still appears on the indicators list of my charts and the indicator still works.

I tried using the 'Remove Ninjascript Assembly' function, but I get an error message "you have custom NinjaScript files on your pC that have programming errors".

Is there a way to remove the indicator without reinstalling ninjatrader?

Thanks

Hello GoldStandard,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know if this does the trick for you.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. I did as you suggest and the error message stated that the 'myindicator.dll could not be found'. Which makes sense since I just deleted that dll in my attempt to remove the indicator.

Next I restored that dll and recompiled. No errors this time. Next I used the 'remove ninjascript assembly' function, which now works.

Looks like I should not have tried deleting the files as my first attempt to remove the indicator. Now I know to use the 'remove ninjascript assembly' function instead.

Thanks!

Comment

Christopher,

Can you tell me what's the best way to remove custom indicators. Is it simply a matter of deleting it from the bin/Custom folder or is there something that should be done from the NT7 control center.

Second, is it possible to remove indicators that came with NT7. I am thinking that reducing the size of the program might give me better speed and performance.

Thank You,

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello GoldStandard,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        • Select an indicator and double click on it.
        • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
        • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know if this does the trick for you.

Comment

Originally posted by syxforex View Post
          Christopher,

Can you tell me what's the best way to remove custom indicators. Is it simply a matter of deleting it from the bin/Custom folder or is there something that should be done from the NT7 control center.

Second, is it possible to remove indicators that came with NT7. I am thinking that reducing the size of the program might give me better speed and performance.

Thank You,
          To delete indicators please go to Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicators-->Select the indicator-->Delete-->Cancel out of the Edit Indicator window

If the indicator is not listed there please go to File-->Utilities-->Remove NinjaScript Assembly

Unfortunately you cannot delete indicators that are istalled by Default within NinjaTrader.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm also having the same problem removing custom indicators that were ported from v6.5 to 7 during the installation of v7.

When I try to delete the indicators per your instructions above, I get an error message stating that the indicator is dependent upon other indicators that need to be removed first. However, those referenced indicators appear to be the default indicators that cannot be removed. Nor can I remove the NinjaScript Assembly.

Further help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

Hello NTuser2,

You will need to delete the references in the custom indicators that refer to the default indicators. Please go to Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator and open the custom indicator. Remove any reference to any default indicator and check if you subsequently can remove the custom indicator.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher Leggit, 02-15-2024, 09:00 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rdtdale
              by rdtdale

Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
              0 responses