Chart Margins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Margins

In the chart properties I see an option for changing the right margin, how do I change the up and the bottom margins so there is more space between the bars and the edge of the charts?
    Thanks

Hello designer,

Thank you for your post.

Please left click in the Y axis and drag your mouse to adjust the compression of the price bars. Doing so will have the effect of increasing or decreasing the amount of space between the bars and the boundaries of the chart.

For more information, please see the following link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ingAChart.html
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did left click on the chart and the Y axis but the ZoomOut option is grayed out in my charts. Please advice.
      Thanks

Comment

Hello designer,

Thank you for your reply.

This indicates that you are zoomed out to the maximum allowed. This should not effect your adjustments in chart compression however.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am still not able to get margins at the top and bottom of the charts...

Comment

Hello designer,

Please click the left mouse button on the right side of the Y-axis. Subsequently move downwards to compress the Y-axis, which will make space at the bottom and top.

However, please note that our charts will use automatic scaling to the highest high and lowest low in the chart. If you subsequently scroll the chart, the Y-axis will comply to the highest high and lowest low. Unfortunately it is not possible to disable it in NinjaTrader 6.5.

Note that NinjaTrader 7 will support fixed scaling in the charts. More information regarding NinjaTrader 7 can be found at the following link.

New Fixed or Automatic Scale Range
            Each panel in a chart contains three scales, right, left and overlay. Each scale's range can be automatically calculated based on the highest high and lowest low of all plotted objects or the scale can be manually set by defining the value as per the image below. You can also set the scale range via mouse dragging in the y axis. If the range is manually set (Fixed) an "F" in the upper right portion of the panel will be displayed. You can also set the scale to be linear or logarithmic.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes