Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB predefiend symbol list

Hello,

I am using Interactive Brokers as data provider.

I would like to import a number of symbols. E.g. stocks of the S&P 500. Is there a place where I can get a predefiend list with every symbol as it is used by IB? Because the symbol mapping differ between the stocks that were predefiend by the NT installation and the mapping that is needed by IB. Now I would like to have a list with the S&P 500 stocks as they are used by IB to import into NT...

To have lists for the DAX, MDAX, TecDax, NASDAQ 100, ... would be helpfull too.

Hello Neanor,

Unfortunately I am not aware of such pre-defined lists.

When I tested the default SP500 instrument list in the Market Analyzer, I received data for most instruments.

Are you saying you do not receive any data for a stock part of the SP500 stock list?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

thank you for answering. I got no problem receiving data from IB. But I am missing quotes for about 40 stocks within the pre-defined list of the S&P 500. I hoped that one can download some pre-defined symbol lists with the right mappings... I would love to have lists for common indices (e.g. DAX, MDAX, SDAX, DOW Jones, S&P 500, NASDAQ and so on...)

Comment

Hello Neanor,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, no such list exists; However, it should be fairly easy to find out which settings to use - just bring up the instrument within TWS and then compare the symbol and exchange to the settings used in the instrument manager and make changes where necessary.

Of course, if you are struggling with specific symbols, we can be of assistance in configuring them.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes